Favors
Options

OOT Bags/Welcome DVD

smw297smw297 member
First Comment
Most of my guests will be coming from out of town so I plan on making OOT bags.  One of the things I'm considering putting in there is a Welcome DVD that consists of a picture slideshow (our hotel is a extended stay hotel, each room has a dvd player).  I plan on including pictures of more than just me and my FI, but also our families and friends through the years.

What do you think?  Advice or suggestions?

TIA!

Re: OOT Bags/Welcome DVD

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on your crowd.  How well do they all know each other?  With FI and I our guests would be looking at the pictures going who the hell are these people?  We are going to have a collection of groups who do not know the other groups.  His work friends, my sorority sisters, his family, my family (with sub factions).  A few random friends.  Can you include pics of every guest?  I'd hate to be the guest who sits through watching the whole thing and reallizes I wasn't included.  When I was looking at venues some of the had tvs that you could have this type of thing air on and they would put it on a loop, I think it would be really cute for that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really love photo slideshows. But how do you know if your guests are interested in viewing your photos and having a DVD of them. Some family and friends may like it but I don't think it has universal appeal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its a cute idea but it might be wasted time and money. Do you think most of your guest will actually watch it? And if they do watch it at the hotel will they ever watch it again?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a welcome card listing our itinerary for the weekend and put an E-pic on the front.  You could also do something more elaborate like a brochure and include tips on things to do and see while they are there, etc.

It's a nice idea but honestly I think it's a bit overkill.  JMO.
  • Options
    Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't watch it. Now a list with DVD "rentals" that they can choose from (from your own collection) seems like a good idea :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards