Favors

Representing Home in our Favors- ATTN WV Brides!!

I'm looking for ideas for wedding favors! My fiance and I, as much as we love our great state of WV, are getting married out of state. Since we won't be able to be home on our big day, I thought it would be nice to incorporate some things related to WV into our wedding and give our guests a little taste of home in the wedding favors : ) I've been thinking to myself, "What defines WV?" and could use a little help HaHa. Obviously I need it to be something affordable for a lot of guests (around 150). I would prefer it to not be food, just because I was trying to go with a favor that guests can keep to remember our day (and if it's food, once they eat it, it's just gone). I tried to think of simple things like candles hand-made in our hometown of Charleston, or decorating with Rhododendrons (our state flower). BUT, the wedding will be in late August/September and I have no idea if I will be able to find Rhododendrons in bloom then. Please, if anyone has ANY thoughts/ideas, I would really appreciate it! I am asking this far in advance in case I get any DIY ideas : ) Thanks!!

Re: Representing Home in our Favors- ATTN WV Brides!!

• edited December 2011
    Truth is, while you want something for people to keep and "remember the day," most people don't want trinkets to keep around from the day.  They just collect dust and eventually get thrown away anyway.  Edible favors are very popular!

I Googled WV to see what I could learn about your state.  Trees and coal are a big deal there, it seems.  I suggest tree shaped cookies or coal candy. I know you can always find coal candy at Christmastime, so I bet you could look online to find some at any time.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards