i have no idea what to get my parents!

What did you get them?

HELP!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: parent gifts????

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a former MOG and MOB, let me say that the very best thing you could do for them is to give them a handwritten letter (not typed) that thanks them for all they've done for you and that thanks them for helping to bring you to this place now.  They'll get rid of the "keepsake", but the letter they'll cherish forever.  I speak from experience.  ;)

However, if you feel that you must do something tangible:  get a double photo frame.  On one side, put a picture of you and your parents (FI and his parents) at an earlier time in your life:  the day you were born, your first day of school; your first communion; a graduation; your prom; you get the idea. 

On the other side, put a note that says you'll be filling that side with a picture of the three of you on your wedding day.  Then be sure to have the photo taken.  They'll love it.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the mothers embroidered handkerchiefs and the fathers monogrammed silk pocket squares.  PIB.

After the wedding, I made photo albums of the wedding for them.
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting our parents a night out. Getting them dinner gift cards for my parents and a gift card to the movies.
    His we're doing the dinner gift cards and his mom a bottle of wine & his dad some chew lol
  • edited December 2011
    I got each of my parents a frame.  My dad's said "Daddy's Little Girl" and had a pix of me as a kid and will have awedding photo init.  My mom's had a nice poem with a pix of me as a child and will have a wedding pix.  I wrote each of them a letter inside a card which they loved.  I made my dad cuff links with sunshines on them (his nickname for me) and made my mom a haute couture bracelet to match mine.  Now I'm working on a photo album for them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You guys are going to make me cry. Those are all so sweet. I love the photo frame ideas.
  • zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about giving the Mom's necklaces with my fiance and my birthstones and with their own stone (3 stones, not each of theirs).  What do ya'll think?  I don't want to insult his brother or my sister because I know that they are usually for the children, not the daughter or son in law.  Any opinions are welcome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards