Favors

Sparklers, with no formal "send off"?

During my wedding planning, I decided I wanted to give away sparklers at my June lakeside wedding. I was inspired by pictures I saw of 2-3 sparkler sticks tied together with custom matchbooks and ribbon. So, I ordered the matchbooks (about $45) and bought a vintage drawer I planned to display them in (putting flower foam in the drawer, covering it with moss and sticking the sparklers upright in it).

After thinking deeper, I don't know that my FI will want to stop at any point to get people together to light them. Plus, our photog is booked until 8 and sunset is supposedly at 9. And, we're not going "away." OOPS.

So, my question is, is it still ok to give these away as I described above and let people do with them what they will? Or, is that silly? I was just so in love with the idea behind it and the items I bought to make it happen, it has just become a bit of a logistical issue.
Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.

Re: Sparklers, with no formal "send off"?

• edited December 2011
    You can still do sparklers at 8 if the sun doesn't set until 9 - but where do you live? Even in july the sun sets before 9 (at least where I'm at.) Sometimes it doesn't get completely dark until 9.  

I think if you're not having an official "leaving" then sparklers are a bit unnecessary - but if you plan some sort of dance or something out in the yard with the sparklers, it might be cute if everyone got them, danced and played with the sparklers. You could get some really cool photos that way.
  • beccaroomubeccaroomu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you for the input!

P.S. I love your wedding shoes!

Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.
  • DianitaDianita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with the sparklers! :) And you and your FI don´t have to tell anyone what when to do it, that´s what your wedding party is for! :) Or siblings. Let them know so they can get the people to do it :)

And if you have your first dance after sunset, it´ll be bound to make a fantastic photo opp. people have amazing talents for things like this, even if your official fotographer isn´t there! :)
  • DianitaDianita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh! and i LOVE the idea for your ring bearer! FANTASTIC idea instead of a pillow!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards