Favors

favor transportation

We made our own chocolates for the wedding favor.  We are wrapping them in wax paper and putting them in 2x2 boxes. 

Our site where we are getting married ( on Aug 4) said we can store the favors there for the wedding but we need to have them boxed and there on the 26th.   We live about 2.5 hours away. 

So our problem is transportation... we have coolers and ice packs.. but I do not want any risk of condensation to the chocolates/boxes. any ideas?

I dont want to box them while we are at our meeting on the 26th, as this is our final meeting before the wedding. 

Re: favor transportation

• One thing you could try - although I can't remember for the life of me if it works - are those insulated bags you buy at the grocery store.  I had family in town visit a nice chocolate shop and they used those for the ride home, but I cannot remember how it turned out. 

Whatever you decide, I would test.  For example, if you want to try the coolers (which I personally think it a big risk with the moisture + boxes) leave it in your car as your run errands one day and see how it goes.  Or you can do the same with the insulated bag as I mentioned above.  But I would try it out - even with other chocolates, although probably wrapped in a similar way - to be sure.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-transportation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:2dbc5e33-6893-4430-bbe0-eeac87e8c027Post:3c601dd4-3cad-40b8-8984-f8802e01e5ca">Re: favor transportation</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing you could try - although I can't remember for the life of me if it works - are those insulated bags you buy at the grocery store.  I had family in town visit a nice chocolate shop and they used those for the ride home, but I cannot remember how it turned out.  Whatever you decide, I would test.  For example, if you want to try the coolers (which I personally think it a big risk with the moisture + boxes) leave it in your car as your run errands one day and see how it goes.  Or you can do the same with the insulated bag as I mentioned above.  But I would try it out - even with other chocolates, although probably wrapped in a similar way - to be sure.  
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the advice.  I will try that.  I also emailed my hotel /place for rehearsal dinner to see if we could just box them the night before and keep them in a fridge or something for a little to "reharden" the chocolate.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards