Favors

Seed packets

Hi all, I'm new here to this board.  FI and I are looking to do a favor that has something to do with seeds (vegetable seeds or something to plant and eat).  Any ideas out there for something to make it cute?  Thanks in advance!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seed packets

• edited May 2012
    I will be honest I dont dig the idea. I dont know why everyone wants to do this but put yourself in their shoes. Would you be happy getting seeds as a gift for xmas or a birthday? I have over 90 people coming to my wedding and all but a select few are traveling to us. I think they would be upset if I only gave them seeds. People love to eat something more then receive something they have to put work into. If cheap is what your going for like me I would look for a better, more thoughtful, alternative. It doesn't have to be something they specifically take with them you could put out a few small bowls of candy at the tables with some m&ms. While they mingle they will load up. I purchased these stylish candy boxes on ebay. When I'm done buying candy, chair boxes, monogram sticker, purple ribbon, and velum they will have cost me $0.45 each. Be creative.

P.S. If you write us back with more ideas about your wedding. Colors, themes, style... I maybe able to give you a more creative idea as an alternative.
  • The reason I'm leaning toward this idea is because of this:  there is going to be SO MUCH FOOD at our wedding (FI's dad is the executive chef of the catering company) that I feel like any edible favor will be a waste.  I'm not sure what else to do in that case.  

I didn't think of this as a cheaper option- the favor that I fell in love with was almost 3 dollars each.  (which seemed kind of expensive to me).  Our wedding is black tie optional; the girls are wearing black and there isn't really a set theme or color, with the exception that I want everything to look kind of natural.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_seed-packets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:3159cbcd-991f-4814-b263-9f966ab8bebfPost:447032f5-4858-41b0-9430-cb1dd0eb946b">Re: Seed packets</a>:
    [QUOTE]The reason I'm leaning toward this idea is because of this:  there is going to be SO MUCH FOOD at our wedding (FI's dad is the executive chef of the catering company) that I feel like any edible favor will be a waste.  I'm not sure what else to do in that case.   I didn't think of this as a cheaper option- the favor that I fell in love with was almost 3 dollars each.  (which seemed kind of expensive to me).  Our wedding is black tie optional; the girls are wearing black and there isn't really a set theme or color, with the exception that I want everything to look kind of natural.  
    Posted by dramaqueen2985[/QUOTE]

in thay case i would google some favor boxes images and see what pops at you. maybe you could put a magnet or something of use in it instead of food or seeds.
  • I like seed pods, seeds molded into clay to make a cute shape, you can put a few of them in an organza bag. Here are some daisy pods. I attended a wedding last year that gave something similar and my kids had a blast planting them and watching them grow.
    NeedWeddingFavors.com - A blog of wedding favors
  • We put our daisy seed packets in a brown paper bag wrote thank you on the front and a custom made sticker with a picture of us and it says "plant one on us!"
  • I love this idea personally! I;m going to get the seed cards from The Knot wedding shop. You can get bookmarks/cards/post cards... but you can pick the color and choose one of the "characters" for the card, personalize it, and then take the "character" off the card and plant it. Seed paper! But I think they are just flowers, not veggies. Maybe you could find an edibile version of this somewhere online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're planning on doing wildflower seed packets, they're not expensive (and I LOVE flowers) and we're going to suppliment them with some peanut M&Ms (our favorite), and possibly a third thing depending on how money goes.  Americanmeadows.com has the ones we're getting, if you go to the flower seed packet tab, they have a few that are already meant for weddings, with the wording already on them :) They do have veggie and herb seeds as well but don't know if they are set up as favors or not. Good luck! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I LOVE the plantable paper favors (and I would love to get them as a gift...what makes a better memory of someone's wedding than beautiful flower in your garden or fresh herbs for cooking?!) but since I live outside the US the favors I found on etsy just weren't do-able, financially.  Instead we're setting up a sort of sow-your-own station with 3 jars/buckets of different seeds (probably two flower varieties and one herb) so guests can pick their own to take home.  This ties in to our wedding as we're putting out fresh herbs as centerpieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards