Favors

Nontraditional Wedding Favors - Suggestions Appreciated

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to get your take on some ideas I was throwing around in my head about potential wedding favors.  I've seen so many edible favors that I want to stay away from that and was thinking about some of the below ideas.
Local Idea - We're getting married in Santa Barbara Wine Country  and the area has a number of lavender farms where they process lavender into essential oils, lotions, etc.  I was thinking of using an essential oil from one of the farms to make homemade (by me) lavender exfoliating soaps.  I've made homemade soaps before and its not difficult.  Plus the cost of making it at home far exceeds buying it in larger quantities.  And I love crafting.
Us Idea - I saw this idea from a wedding blog.  The couple gave a mini pack of blank cards/postcards to their guests.  I was thinking we could make the designs on the cards all the same or maybe print pictures of places that are important to us ... maybe something from the cities we're from, Chicago & Austin, and now we live in LA.  Maybe a picture of where we first met.  A graphic zoom-in of the dress I wore on our first date.  Or maybe something Santa Barbara related or just a nice graphic of some sort.  Finished off by tying them together with some twine or something rustic like (we're having a winery wedding).
Humorous Idea - I was thinking we could design a fake Rx pad and write a note on it from the "Dr." saying "Doctors orders: Have fun tonight" or something like that and inside the package would be a 2 pack Advil, Alka-Seltzer, and a Starbucks Via.  The ultimate morning after remedy.

Other thoughts..... Nice tea?!?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks ladies!

Re: Nontraditional Wedding Favors - Suggestions Appreciated

• sheenar1sheenar1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that the Doctors order is very neat and cute, I would go with that one, because people could be allergic to the ingredients in the soap , and the post cards are cute, but you would have to go through figuring a design for your postcards. GOOD LUCK!!! Whatever you decie I'm sure it will be nice.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your idea for the homemade soap alot, but you never know who might be allergic to what.  so the next one I love, the Dr prescription pad!  Definately not traditional. 
  • edited December 2011
    I like all of them and think they are all great ideas, but I chose the one that I would want if I went to a wedding and that would be the funny Dr's Rx pad with the Tylenol etc. I think that is really cute. :)
  • jensgf2010jensgf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

I would recommend this website for unique favors: http://tinyurl.com/ylln4qu

• edited December 2011
    I like the soaps idea... especially since you will be making them. But, it is true about who is allergic to what. However, the Dr. prescription is cute. Especially if you make the notepads. Everyone can use travel packets of aspirin, Alka Seltzer, etc. for those random moments.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually getting wedding favors from ebay. I found these really cute scented wooden roses. They don't look wooden though. They look like real roses. And there are quite a few different scents and colors. So you could have them whatever your colors for your wedding are.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards