Favors
Options

No favors?

Is anyone not doing favors for their wedding?

Re: No favors?

• Options
    Lots of people skip them. If you don't want them, don't have them. Your guests will not miss them at all. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I didn't have them, it saved us money and people don't really care for them, they end up in the trash sooner or later. Some people do edible favors; we didn't do that either because I didn't have space for a candy bar in our venue and I didn't feel like buying expensive personalized chocolates. I considered doing wine bottles but not everyone likes wine so yeah, we discarded the idea.
  • Options
    Favors are completely unnecessary.  Use that money elsewhere.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_no-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:332e14b3-5d91-45a5-bda5-dfed7af2c9a6Post:6593b7fb-9aa3-49ac-91e7-b6ca6ee11032">Re: No favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't have them, it saved us money and people don't really care for them, they end up in the trash sooner or later. Some people do edible favors; <strong>we didn't do that either because I didn't have space for a candy bar in our venue and I didn't feel like buying expensive personalized chocolates.</strong> I considered doing wine bottles but not everyone likes wine so yeah, we discarded the idea.
    Posted by mcda04[/QUOTE]

<div>Edible favors don't have to be a candy bar or expensive personalized chocolates.  It can be a cookie, cupcake, chocolate truffle, bag of M&Ms, sachet of hot chocolate mix, tea bag, or about a billion other things.   </div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    i was not going to but a family member makes chocolate at every function and she said she would want to do it for us, so all the more power to her! she enjoys doing it and i dont feel bad because she offered and i didnt even say anything about not having favours 
  • Options
    in hindsight, I'd have skipped favors.  we did a treat bar, which we thought would be fun and give guests snacks at the end of the night, but there was so much left over.... the money would have been better used elsewhere, or just not spent.  I'd skip them for sure.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  I thought I would be one of the few who would not be doing favors so it's good to hear others forgo them as well!
  • Options
    If you want unique favors for that special day please visit www.glamourgiftstore.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_no-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:332e14b3-5d91-45a5-bda5-dfed7af2c9a6Post:abb8d74d-bcb6-4fa5-b371-7bc58c6841e1">No favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone not doing favors for their wedding?
    Posted by mmiele1127[/QUOTE]

We are definately skipping the favors. I figure the guest gets free food, free booze, and fun...they dont need favors.
  • Options

Good thing I am reading these posts. I came on here looking for favor ideas since I have such a tight budget. A lot of ladies are suggesting skipping the favors all together. I had no idea this was acceptable. I always assumed you "had" to leave a favor for every guest to take home as a token of your appreciation. Although I do like the hot chocolate idea someone else mentioned above.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wish I hadn't done favors.  My wedding is in 2.5 months.  I was pressured into doing favors.  I was told repeatedly several out of town family members who have helped me with expenses will expect favors.  I'm doing bluebonnet flower seed packets.  I like the actual favor.  But the money could have been spent elsewhere.  Now same family (who I love dearly) who pressurred me want to make the favors pretty.  I just want to put them out at reception and not think about it any more.  I wouldn't miss a favor or care if I was a guest.  
  • Options
    I think its really nice to do a favor ....people spend a lot of time & money to come to a wedding, and a small "takeaway' is always appreciated. I used www.goodiesforguests.com and fournd them to be helpful to give my guests a small but meaningful favor. That's just my opinion...Guests remember the small details !
  • Options
    If you can't swing em, skip em. Friend did champagne glasses. She ended up with 4 cases of glasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards