Favors

Is this a silly favor?

I don't remember where I saw the idea originally, but I was thinking of doing lottery scratchers as the favors for my wedding.  Something like this (<--clicky).  I would include a penny with it (I'm thinking a penny from 2011 even though I'm sure most people will not notice the year).  I think it's something that people might have fun with.  If they don't win, they'll just leave it at the table (which they would do anyway if it wasn't edible) and if they do win something they can stop at a gas station on their way home (if they are out of state) to claim their winnings.  Smart or silly?
Anniversary

Re: Is this a silly favor?

• edited December 2011
    I did lotto tickets as part of our favors & they were a big hit.
    You can go to orientialtrading.com and buy lotto ticket holders.
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea, seems like a lot of fun for the guests.
  • kristine0613kristine0613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea actually, most favors are a waste of money I think but this one is a cute idea and who knows they might actually win!
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely cute! And you never know - someone could win! :)
  • edited December 2011
    That is a really cute idea.. To bad I already got my favors in already. I did koozies for the adults and then a silver box with candy in it for the kids.
  • edited December 2011
    I like it!

I had thought of instead of doing a traditional bouquet toss, to do a "bouquet" of lottery tickets.

If they win, I want the money back!Tongue out
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_this-silly-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:3516ccd1-a178-4ba9-8ad2-473b6cdea670Post:1cbbd1be-1e24-490e-98dd-6092c14cd86e">Re: Is this a silly favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it! I had thought of instead of doing a traditional bouquet toss, to do a "bouquet" of lottery tickets. If they win, I want the money back!
    Posted by soontobeschooley[/QUOTE]

Haha...I joked around with my mother that whoever has a winning ticket has to give me 10%
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_this-silly-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:3516ccd1-a178-4ba9-8ad2-473b6cdea670Post:91034a26-a099-4144-a0c2-69cc1798a92f">Re: Is this a silly favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did lotto tickets as part of our favors & they were a big hit. You can go to orientialtrading.com and buy lotto ticket holders.
    Posted by Jenni83[/QUOTE]

I'll check that out!  I was thinking of just little favor baggies, but those might work better.
    Anniversary
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_this-silly-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:3516ccd1-a178-4ba9-8ad2-473b6cdea670Post:1cbbd1be-1e24-490e-98dd-6092c14cd86e">Re: Is this a silly favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it! I had thought of instead of doing a traditional bouquet toss, to do a "bouquet" of lottery tickets. If they win, I want the money back!
    Posted by soontobeschooley[/QUOTE]

I am doing this too!! Great idea.

I also think it's a cute idea for a favor and as a PP poster said, it would be nice to put it in a special lottery ticket holder.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love it! It sounds likea great idea and if I was a guest at the wedding I would like it much better than other things you would never use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kelle017kelle017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it's fine as long as you have a cute note or card with it.  Otherwise it may seem kind of last minute...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jesynewtonjesynewton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like it! I say it's cute and fun Laughing
  • edited December 2011

That sounds like alot of fun!. I love scracth off tickets and always get one or two when i get gas. Your favor gets major points in my book :)

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love lottery tickets, and I really think this is creative!  I found a blog to make your own that I was going to do for a bridal shower game for a friend-- "Scratchoff" (click this).  I think its creative to win a big prize.

But I do think if I got a scratchoff for a favor I would really like it!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it.  Each year, I get Christmas scratch offs to add to the gifts for my staff.  I think they're fun and it's a cute idea.  Go for it!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    edited December 2011
    Trix, one of the gifts my parents give us for Chanukah each year is scratchers.  When I moved out of state we made an arrangement that if I won I would mail it to them and then they would mail me back the amount I won.
    Anniversary
  • bluebeetlebluebeetle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_this-silly-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:3516ccd1-a178-4ba9-8ad2-473b6cdea670Post:87020fd8-781e-42c4-9caa-8757a06af59b">Re: Is this a silly favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fine as long as you have a cute note or card with it.  Otherwise it may seem kind of last minute...
    Posted by kelle017[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like the idea too, but like the above has said, make sure you add something to it, to make sure they know it was planned! :)
  • orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea! So cute and definitely different.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_this-silly-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:3516ccd1-a178-4ba9-8ad2-473b6cdea670Post:234dc0a3-5647-4506-aa01-24747f5aa42c">Re: Is this a silly favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, since the example in OP's post is specifically a wedding themed lottery ticket, I don't think it would look "last minute".  And I think cutesy notes are a total waste of time and ink.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, they are wedding themed.  And I think I'm going to buy the little holder things that PP posted.</div>
    Anniversary
  • VanessaCWVanessaCW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE this idea! So cute....I may do this for my May wedding...tho it's outside. I'd definitely go with a holder of some sort! Either the ones on Oriental Trading or ones I made myself. I feel like I won the lottery every day so this is perfect! I like it so much more than something they wouldn't use! And, hey, it's 30 seconds of entertainment! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing this as part of our favors. I think it is the cutest idea. Everyone likes a chance to win money. 
  • edited December 2011
    I come from a long line of gamblers so scratch-its were an easy choice for us as a favor. We are stamping the back of our scratch-it holders with a cute stamp that reads 'Lucky in Love". I am glad to hear everyone on here would enjoying receiving them as a guest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards