Favors

Wedding favours that won't melt

Hi,

I am having a summer wedding and would like to do edible favours in mini glass jars but the temp will be mid 30's (95F).

Chocolate truffles in different flavours would be my pick but I'm worried that if I put them out before the ceremony at 3pm they will be gross by the reception.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks

Re: Wedding favours that won't melt

• Lbaier18Lbaier18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    salt water taffy will get soft but wont melt...

One of my friends had an idea to coat gobstoppers and gumballs with lustre dust from a craft store. It makes them look like pearls.
  • edited December 2011
    what about cookies?
  • edited December 2011
    Pie in a jar (and only because you said mini glass jars).  You can't melt a cherry pie.

Here's the link: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/single-serving-pie-in-jar.html

I'm a cooking nerd.  I think they're adorable.
  • ericksbericksb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend handed out scratch-off lottery tickets as favors.
  • edited December 2011
    You could have a candy bar with things like rock candy, taffy, any sort of gummy candy and have all the candy be your wedding colors. Then have little jars or boxes, maybe with a bow that matches your wedding colors or with a monogram sticker on it. Then guests can fill their little box with candy.  You could also put the favors out after dinner and keep them refrigerated until then if you'd really like truffles. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    You could also go with french macarons if that works for you.  If there aren't any stores local to you, there are a bunch of places online that will sell them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • paigewillispaigewillis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually make and sell pie in a jar and will coordinate it with your wedding colors. I've done it for quite a few weddings and they are a great hit. A nice alternitive to cake, which often doesn't get eaten, and then the jars can double as the favor! I've done quite a few favors for showers as well. Very versitile little things  ;)

Here is the link to my shop:

www.letthemeatpie.etsy.com
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think you could do a type of hard candy, or like someone above mentioned maybe a brownie/pie in a jar. 
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wedding-favours-wont-melt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:4143ac35-75bb-4e0b-a734-c68cb6566687Post:0891763f-d6a2-47d1-b631-c81c69818f1c">Re: Wedding favours that won't melt</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually make and sell pie in a jar and will coordinate it with your wedding colors. I've done it for quite a few weddings and they are a great hit. A nice alternitive to cake, which often doesn't get eaten, and then the jars can double as the favor! I've done quite a few favors for showers as well. Very versitile little things  ;) Here is the link to my shop: <a href="http://www.letthemeatpie.etsy.com" rel="nofollow">www.letthemeatpie.etsy.com</a>
    Posted by paigewillis[/QUOTE]

Paige, vendors are not allowed to advertise in the forums - it is in the terms of service.
  • paigewillispaigewillis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoops!!! Didn't mean to step on any toes or mess anything up really!!! Just threw it out there as an option really... don't have to use me... promise  ;) Best of luck girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards