Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Anyone have AT&T U-Verse?

If so, do you like it or do you have any problems? We're thinking about switching, and some of the reviews online are pretty bad. Thanks!

Re: Anyone have AT&T U-Verse?

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, shoot. We have to make an internet decision ASAP--I want to hear too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have it and so do both sets of parents and little sister and we all love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't have it at our house cause it is not offered, but i had it at my apt before that, it is awesome!!!! i had no trouble with it and the internet part was awesome! i could record several shows at once,... :( ... i miss my u-verse....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I switched from Time Warner to AT&T Uverse when I bought my house about a year and a half ago.. because my home owner's associations forced me into it... don't ask.. long upsetting story... but all the same, I haven't had any problems with it. I use it for internet and cable, and it has been less of a hassle than dealing with Time Warner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have it. We switched from Time Warner to AT&T. The bundle plan is cheaper and we like it. They have been very helpful and we like it! We have internet,  cable, house phone, and cell phones with them now. We had some issues at our apartment with the internet but when we told them, they came out the next day and fixed it. It was some wiring that was messing it up. Well they ended up giving us the first month free! :)
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into this when we moved.  From what I understand, how far away you are from one of their "boxes" (or whatever they call it) will determine how good your service is.  They have certain distances that they recommend and if you are further out that their recommended distance, then you are risking outages. 

For me it wasn't worth it because we were 10 feet away from their recommended distance, and I've heard some bad stories about their customer service when you do need them to come out.

Also, remember, when it goes out, ALL of it goes out.  So that means TV, internet, and phone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have it.  The only bad thing?  If you do the UVerse basic  you have no DVR functions.... :(  We went from the 300 package to the basic and I had gotten so used to be able to pause, stop, record, fast forward and now I can't do any of that.  Plus, all the recordings I had, I can't access anymore.  But the plus side?  I'm only paying $20 a month and $79 total for my internet and basic cable....I was paying about $80 for my cable alone when we had the 300 package.  But really, I had no problems with Uverse aside from sometimes our uverse box would freeze up and we'd lose connection....it usually fixes itself in a short period of time.
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How are the internet speeds?
  • Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have Uverse for our TV and Internet. We switched from Direct TV to Uverse a few years ago, no problems for us. Its so much better than Direct TV.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had U-Verse set up for us when we lived with my mom and I loved it!! Unfortunately when me & the FI bought our own house we had to go with Verizon Fios because AT&T wasn't in our area. I liked AT&T so much better. With Verizon our DVR has a lot smaller capacity, the sound goes out for a few seconds quite frequently, our internet is a lot slower & it takes a few tries to get the internet to reconnect when I shut my laptop. I didn't have any of these problems with U-Verse. I also have AT&T for my cell phone and their customer service is great, they have helped me with quite a few problems, some of which I didn't even think they could fix since they were our fault for going over our minutes. 
    Also depending on what area you're in I have a friend that works for AT&T, she is really nice & helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    brhinklebrhinkle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me and my fiance has had uverse for 3 years and have loved it! i will always stay with uverse wherever i move!! If I have ever had any dispute all you do is call and the situation was always promptly taken care of...
    ; ))

Photobucket
  • Options
    lvasilenlvasilen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had AT&T and switched to TW when we moved...we liked AT&T but FI decided TW was cheaper, free HD, more channels, etc. Which it is and we have no internet issues. However the DVR I find to be super annoying with TW...you can only watch the shows on the tv that recorded them, and if you are dvr-ing 2 shows at once you can't watch something else on that TV. So personally for an extra $10-20/month I think AT&T is a lot more user friendly both customer service and in house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uverse is ok freezes up sometimes during playback losing a se or two but the internet portion rocks hard!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards