Favors
Options

Does anyone know where to get cheap personalized golf balls?

I'm getting married at a country club and my fiance and I were wanting to place personalized golf balls in a little white box with personalized golf tees tied to the top with ribbon.  We were able to get the golf tees from The Knot for only $35/200 (inculding shipping) since they are on sale and I had a coupon, however the golf balls are so expensive.  The golf balls on The Knot are $2.40 a piece and we would need to order 72 so thats already $172.80 and that doesn't include shipping (which is determined by weight). We only have a $10,000 budget so I really need to find some personalized golf balls for cheap!

Any ideas?

Re: Does anyone know where to get cheap personalized golf balls?

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think www.orientialtrading.com has some at a decent price.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not just plain golf balls?  If one of your guests doesn't play golf they can gift it to someone else.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought FI ones from golfballs.com before.  They had all different price points. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with cheap personalized golf balls, but you've got to see this site!  They have golf tee drink stirrers.

http://www.pickonus.com/newproducts.aspx

I ordered the green ball stirrers to go with our colors.

I agree with PP.  Not everyone would appreciate golf balls with your names on them.  Why not just give them plain white ones?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there -- ok here's my nickel input...I don't get how people can NOT appreciate a wedding favor gift. I mean I'm hearing people say someone might not want a golf ball with your information on it...but isn't that kind of the point? It's a "thank you for coming to OUR celebration of love" gift...not a "thanks for showing up; here's a golf ball, don't forget the try the veal!" gift. ya dig?

On that note I did some research for you -- research it's what I do.
    The best 2 I came up with were

www.pargolf.com can do it for $1.80 a ball with a 5 day turn around and free ground shipping

www.golfsmith.com -- I did the math choosing the cheapest balls -- you're looking at about $1.20 per ball plus whatever tax plus S&H (but I was able to find you a coupon code which gives free shipping and 10% off but you had to purchase $99 and I came up $9 short -- go figure)

so yeah either way good luck 

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    StillWaiting-

It appears you are new.  Why don't you check out the sticky at the top of the forum about favor ideas. 

I don't get how people can NOT appreciate a wedding favor gift. I mean I'm hearing people say someone might not want a golf ball with your information on it...but isn't that kind of the point? It's a "thank you for coming to OUR celebration of love" gift...not a "thanks for showing up; here's a golf ball, don't forget the try the veal!" gift. ya dig?

Yes, it is a thank you for coming, but so is the reception.  The main point here is to not have so much "personalization" for your guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound so ....ok not sure I can use the word in here. I reread it and I realize it sounded kind of harsh. I didn't mean it to sound that way. I just meant in my opinion I don't get why you wouldn't personalize it....and why anyone would have a problem with it. I did not read the stickies and for that I apologize (if I have in any way offended and/or unwittingly broke rules) but  can I ask why? you aren't supposed to personalize it? In my research I haven't even heard or read anyone saying anything about that part. (if it's in the sticky please disregard) 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is in the sticky- BUT, people simply don't need knick knacks with someone elses name and wedding date on it.

There is a small percentage of people who appreciate it and keep it, but the larger majority sees it as another piece of junk and either leaves it or tosses it at home. 

Me- I don't golf.  My dad does.  If it were a plain ball I would give it to him.  But if it had some persons name on it, I don't think I would pass it on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I read the sticky (honestly I didn't realize what they were) -- kinda new to forums and the like. Yea I totally get that -- ok sorry for being so annoying.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, you're new, it's ok :)  Most of the boards have a sticky or two posted by the mods.  They usually have to do with the most common questions on the board.  It helps for new people to read them without having to post their questions sometimes, and there are some people who are regulars, so reading the same "OMG!" questions get a little annoying. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have used www.spiritproducts.com for some things! you have to call for pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards