Favors

Creative Favor Ideas?

My fiance' and I cannot seem to come up with any favor ideas. We like the idea of something edible, or something that wont just sit in a corner and collect dust. The dillema I have with something edible, is that we are doing cupcakes instead of a cake. Is that too many items that are edible? We prefer something cheaper rather than expensive. Pleeeasse help with some ideas! :)

Re: Creative Favor Ideas?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_creative-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4f3c2201-dd6c-4681-8e59-870ebe13489cPost:ee9dbbd5-5b17-453e-bb79-b7fe0dc35698">Creative Favor Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance' and I cannot seem to come up with any favor ideas. We like the idea of something edible, or something that wont just sit in a corner and collect dust. The dillema I have with something edible, is that we are doing cupcakes instead of a cake. Is that too many items that are edible? We prefer something cheaper rather than expensive. Pleeeasse help with some ideas! :)
    Posted by keverhart123[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Edible is perfect!  People will eat the cupcakes instead of cake and take the yummy favor home to eat later if they are full.  We did nice chocolates and didn't have any left behind.

</div>
  • You could do some homemade jelly or homemade butters...still edible, but not something they would be eating at the wedding! You could also do mini bottles of wine or champagne!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely think edible is the way to go.  We're getting married by the boardwalk in NJ so we're doing little tubs of caramel popcorn.  Where are you getting married?  Is there some local sort of food that you could incorporate into the favors?
  • I did jordan almond flower favors since Jordan Almonds have a wedding connection and history. I loved reading of the meaning of them for weddings and put the various customs and meanings on our menu. I loved them because they also served as decorations on the tables in addition to the vases of flowers. My friends even lined the aisle runner with them to hold it down in the wind. My friends helped me make them which cut the cost to about $1 each. I bought Jordan Almonds to match my wedding color. I now use the left overs on gifts instead of bows.We also set out a bowl of left over Jodan Almonds at the reception.

http://www.jordanalmondflowers.com/
    http://www.superiornutstore.com/
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Why would cupcakes instead of cake and then edible favors equate to too much edible? If you did cake, would that not also be edible?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Definitely if you're really budget conscious (which it appears you might be, by saying you want to do something "cheaper")...skip the favors. Especially if you and FI not passionate about them.

It may sound snooty, but I'd rather have had a budget-conscious couple save their money than receive some M&Ms or Kisses in a little tulle bag at my placesetting.
  • Thank you everyone for your ideas! 
  • Best favor I ever ate was 2 chocolate covered oreos.  
  • I know edibles are best, I skimmed a few thousand responses for this question over many different message boards, most say edibles.

I didn't want to do edible, we ended up with this: http://www.laserkrafts.com/images/DSC00071.JPG

It's a laser wood cut out of the state of NH with the Old Man On the Mountain (state symbol) in the center of it...and the year. My uncle had covered bridges made for his wedding: http://www.laserkrafts.com/images/DSC00035.JPG that everyone still has years later and puts on their tree.... we liked it and went with it... it's like $1.50 a piece or something like that.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• The photomagnet!  This is a new concept we have started in Columbus, Ohio.  Rather than hiring a photobooth for your event, we offer personalized photographers that circulate the event taking photos of yours guests!  Every 20 minutes, the photos are transferred onto a personalized magnet that the host has customized for their wedding or event.  The magnets are then displayed on a magnetic board for guests to retrieve and take home to remember the event!  
    This is very new, and a great option if you are looking for something different to have at your event!

Call us at 418-308-6595 or check our our website for more information!

• Are you in Columbus?  The peanut butter chocolate covered buckeye ties nicely with Columbus, can be home made and is yummy. 
  • Peanut butter or peanut things may be an issue if you are not 100% sure there are no nut allergy folks coming.  Some people can't even be in the area where a nut/peanut/tree nut is, because the 'dust/particles' make them sick.

Sorry to say.

Edible: how about salt water taffy or fudge pieces?  MnMs or hersey's kisses in your color?

Ohio wedding?  How about giving people seed packets for the state flower, which is red carnations, with a little note explaining why this flower.  Or a seed packet of whatever flower you are using for the wedding, or in colors of the wedding?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards