Favors

Denistation Wedding Favor - Basket of Goodies...suggestions on what?

We are getting married 8 hours away from home in the Smokey Mountains. We only have about 8 couples/family units who will be attending with us. We were thinking about doing a gift basket for each family unit attending. We were going to put some maps and maybe a little candy in each basket. What are some other suggestions!?

Re: Denistation Wedding Favor - Basket of Goodies...suggestions on what?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_denistation-wedding-favor-basket-of-goodiessuggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4f786a8e-42eb-4740-9289-1b454f7b0a2aPost:34d7deb4-cde5-4448-869f-a54e3971d54c">Denistation Wedding Favor - Basket of Goodies...suggestions on what?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married 8 hours away from home in the Smokey Mountains. We only have about 8 couples/family units who will be attending with us. We were thinking about doing a gift basket for each family unit attending. We were going to put some maps and maybe a little candy in each basket. What are some other suggestions!?
    Posted by Hermine35[/QUOTE]

I think a gift basket is a good idea. The only thing I would suggest is because these families are driving so far to attend your ceremony I would definitly make the baskets look nice and that some effort was put into them. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, but I would do more than a map and candy. I suggest perhaps a bottle of wine (if budget allows), some nice chocolates, coffees, guide book for the smokey mountain area, a disposable camera for pictures incase they forgot one (it is the smokey mountains!), etc.

Again, it doesn't have to be expensive, but I would put some time into the basket. You can make such cute gift baskets with all sorts for pretty tissue papers and ribbions. Google DIY gift baskets and I'm sure you'll come up with tons of ideas.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Water - definitely some water.  After travels, hotels, and even drinking, water is much appreciated.

Snacks - not just candy, but an apple, or something with a little nutritional value.

Advil - a packet of 2, just in case

Small bottle of wine or liquor.

Put together a booklet of local attractions / sights / restuarants.

Anything else helpful for your specific location - if it's snowy, maybe a packet of instant hand warmers?  Or a souvenir related to the destination? 
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If people are flying in for this, then my only suggestion is to have a gift bag and not a basket.

Our nephew and his bride had medium baskets for each room.  As we all flew in for the weekend, there wasn't any way to transport the basket back with us.  Most of them got left behind in the hotel rooms.  It was shame, because she could have accomplished the same thing much less expensively using a gift bag.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Wow everyone thank you for the suggestions! Great point about the basket versus bag! I love all the suggestions, the water and advil hit home. Who doesn't need that at some point! I will google for ideas but I am excited to start the list of things that we should be on the search for :)
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    travel packs of tissue! I am sure I am not the only one who cries at weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd also include a tiny sunscreen! Mountain areas are typically closer to the sun and burns are common year round.
  • edited December 2011

Something else that would be nice also would be a disposable camera (if buget allows) the mountains are amazing. Or a nice thank you card for attending would be nice also, like with a heart felt thank you. Maybe a nice candle???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards