Favors

Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener

Hey ladies!

Hoping someone could help me out with some creative wording here.  I'm a math person so creativity is not exactly my forte...LOL  ;)

I'm planning on giving the following wine stopper/bottle opener combo thingy to all of our guests (except for kids, who will receive their own favors) at our wedding in November.  I was thinking they were nice since they don't necessarily look over-the-top wedding-y (well, IMO at least...) and they go with the vintage theme of our wedding. 

One of the things I liked about this wine stopper was that it also doubles as a bottle opener, for those who don't drink wine but do enjoy beer.  I am planning on tying my own ribbon around each box (to coordinate with our colors) and I would like to attach a little tag to each ribbon that says "Thank You" on the front of the tag and then some little message on the back, that maybe somehow indicates that this is also a bottle opener since I don't think it's really that apparent from just looking at it.  And I don't want to just be like, "Thanks for celebrating with us...here's a wine stopper and oh, it's a bottle opener too since I think you're like me and too dense to notice on your own!!" LOL

Sooo I was hoping someone might have a creative idea for a short little note I could put on the back of the tag that lets people know this little gem's multi-purpose opening abilities!  :)

Thanks in advance for your help...including both the picture and the link to the favor below (in case the picture doesn't show up since I just copied/pasted it...)

http://www.amazon.com/Unique-Stopper-Bottle-Opener-Quantity/dp/B004FWBNXW

Re: Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-stopperbottle-opener?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4fa12ecf-96f3-4248-968d-41ee4302cc14Post:9b1c6b42-4429-4134-b6e7-e6676f3fc159">Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! Hoping someone could help me out with some creative wording here.  I'm a math person so creativity is not exactly my forte...LOL  ;) I'm planning on giving the following wine stopper/bottle opener combo thingy to all of our guests (except for kids, who will receive their own favors) at our wedding in November.  I was thinking they were nice since they don't necessarily look over-the-top wedding-y (well, IMO at least...) and they go with the vintage theme of our wedding.  One of the things I liked about this wine stopper was that it also doubles as a bottle opener, for those who don't drink wine but do enjoy beer.  I am planning on tying my own ribbon around each box (to coordinate with our colors) and I would like to attach a little tag to each ribbon that says "Thank You" on the front of the tag and then some little message on the back, that maybe somehow indicates that this is also a bottle opener since I don't think it's really that apparent from just looking at it.  And I don't want to just be like, "Thanks for celebrating with us...here's a wine stopper and oh, it's a bottle opener too since I think you're like me and too dense to notice on your own!!" LOL   Sooo I was hoping someone might have a creative idea for a short little note I could put on the back of the tag that lets people know this little gem's multi-purpose opening abilities!  :) Thanks in advance for your help...including both the picture and the link to the favor below (in case the picture doesn't show up since I just copied/pasted it...) <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Unique-Stopper-Bottle-Opener-Quantity/dp/B004FWBNXW" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Unique-Stopper-Bottle-Opener-Quantity/dp/B004FWBNXW</a>
    Posted by allenam1129[/QUOTE]

<div>off the top of my head... it may suck...</div><div>
    </div><div>"whether you like to dine with wine</div><div>or cheer with beer</div><div>enjoy this favour</div><div>as a thanks and a souvenier"</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-stopperbottle-opener?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4fa12ecf-96f3-4248-968d-41ee4302cc14Post:a6df6171-07d0-4703-9c98-aab6f449e3be">Re: Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener : off the top of my head... it may suck... "whether you like to dine with wine or cheer with beer enjoy this favour as a thanks and a souvenier"
    Posted by andra loves andre[/QUOTE]

<div>i don't know why it didn't post the last part of my reply.</div><div>
    </div><div>I would write a little poem, like the one I showed you, and just attach it to the ribbon when you wrap your favours.</div><div>
    </div><div>Adorable idea, by the way! And the stoppers are great! I kept looking for something similar, but everything nice that I found was $15+</div>
  • I love the favor idea! And the above little poem is pretty cute! A clever way to explain the dual-purpose gift without being obvious about the need to explain it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • I LOVE that little poem...so cute and perfect!  :)  Thank you SOO much!!!
  • What do you think of the following (slight) modification to the poem?

Whether you dine with wine
    Or cheer with beer
    Enjoy the favor
    We're glad you're here!
  • That version sounds great, too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-stopperbottle-opener?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4fa12ecf-96f3-4248-968d-41ee4302cc14Post:e21ddc9e-0063-4b60-816e-078e66f97476">Re: Wine Stopper/Bottle Opener</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you think of the following (slight) modification to the poem? Whether you dine with wine Or cheer with beer Enjoy the favor We're glad you're here!
    Posted by allenam1129[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!<div>
    </div><div>As for the modified version...
    <div>Even better! :)</div></div>
  • I think the poem is adorable - and these favors are good quality, btw. I have a few of them (picked them up at a wedding I worked when they were left behind) and they are sturdy as both a stopper and an opener.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards