Favors

Ordering Favor Dilemma

I found these cute shot glass/votives that I want to use as my favors. I want to order them soon because I'm afraid they will be discontined a year from now. It happened to a friend of mine.  I just don't know how many I should order. Right now our guest list is at 187. I know not everyone is going to come, but I also want to make sure I order a little extra just in case some break during delivery.

Re: Ordering Favor Dilemma

• I would probably order 200 to be safe. Keep in mind not everyone will attend that is on your guest list, but you might end up adding people when the time comes closer. Also if any break on shipment the supplier should ship you new ones for free. 
  • everyone seems to tell me that about 10-20% of those who do rsvp will flake.  Also not everyone on your list will say yes.  Also, there will be some people who want to be invited who are not on your original list.  I say go with 180.  Or call the company and ask if you order 200 can you get a discount.  Usually when you hit that number they are more willing to give you a break versus 180. :)
  • Honestly, I say hold off on the favors all together.  I've been engaged for over a year, and we're getting married this March.  I've changed my mind so many times on the favors I wanted to get, and now my fiance and I are making them anyway because it's more personal and cheaper.  There will always be something you like even more for favors in 6 months or just a couple months before the wedding...just some advice from a bride to be that was in the exact same boat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ordering-favor-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:4feda472-541f-4793-9d35-5f0e74794942Post:70d7211b-7f81-48a1-a94d-f9064371e74d">Re: Ordering Favor Dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I say hold off on the favors all together.  I've been engaged for over a year, and we're getting married this March.  I've changed my mind so many times on the favors I wanted to get, and now my fiance and I are making them anyway because it's more personal and cheaper.  There will always be something you like even more for favors in 6 months or just a couple months before the wedding...just some advice from a bride to be that was in the exact same boat!
    Posted by lotusflwr79[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this! I changed my favors 3 or 4 times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards