Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Game: Two Lies and a Truth

The boards are so slow lately and I've been seening severally new knotties :)

I thought we should all do it again since  it was so much fun last time :)

It's pretty simple! Basically, you list two lies and a truth. Everyone guesses to figure out which one is the truth. Then tomorrow everyone will reveal the truths.

YAY!

I'll go first

1. I've been engaged before but called it off because I couldn't stand his sister. She was a complete B and did everything in her power to sabatoge the planning/ wedding. I let her win, I don't regret it because shortly after I met my future DH.

2. When I went to Switzerland while DH and I were dating, I slept with another man. DH doesn't know and will never know.

3. I almost called off the wedding beause of DH parent's. I couldn't deal with them always nagging at everything. They are complete WT and I didn't want to tell our future kids "Well...I know gma and gpa act like that, but we aren't going to act like that because we actually have manners." speech all the time.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Game: Two Lies and a Truth

• edited December 2011
    Mine:

1. We ended up spending 2x the initial budget for the wedding and, although my parents generously gave us most of the money and I made up the rest with my savings, I've never told DH what we spent on any of it.

2. I dieted and lost 30 lbs before the wedding (1.5 year engagement), and gained almost 10 back on our week-long honeymoon in Italy! The three-course meals and red wine every night was more than worth it, though.

3. During my bachelorette party, one guest got drunk and started insulting my H. It was super awkward and my bridesmaids ended up getting in a confrontation with her, killing the mood completely.

ETA:
    MLandCJ, I guess that #3 is your truth
    Nancylusk, I think that #1 is your truth.

fryer2012, is #3 your truth? Yours are hard!

Crash, I think #3 is your truth.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun :)

1. FI and I met my freshman year of college online almost 7 years ago and have been together since.

2. I have gotten into arguments/disagreements with FI's family yet he gets along perfectly well with my family.

3. I was really close to calling off the wedding due to my father being hospitalized, had this been 6 months ago there would be no wedding.

ETA:

MLandCJ: I think that #1 is the truth

Maried SD: I think that #2 is your truth.

Fryer2012: I think that #2 is your truth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok ML&CJ - I think #1 is your truth
    MarieSD0 I think #2 is your truth

Mine:

#1- I sold my long loved collection of vintage barbies to help pay for our wedding.

#2- I have worked with David Tutera on his show My Fair Wedding.

#3- I spent $300 on my bridal shoes but told DF that my Dad bought them for me.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late but I want to play! :) 

Courtney-I think #3 is the truth
    Marie-I think #2 is your truth
    Nancy-I think #2 is your truth 
    Fryer- I think #3 is your truth

1.My FMIL accused me once of  poisoning her food at a public restaurant. I think she was also trying to accuse me of dealing prescription drugs at that meal too, which happened to be FI's birthday dinner.

2. Lifetime movies are my guilty pleasure. 

3. I refuse to cut coupons, no matter how much FI thinks it would be beneficial  to save money. I think it's ridiculous and a waste of time. 
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marie- # 3
    Nancy- #1
    Fryer- #2
    Kathleen- I already know :)

Mine is #3.
    Good to know y'all don't think I'm skanky.

We got into a very heated debate before the wedding. They're pretty much stuck in their own ways and assume they KNOW everything. Apparently anything that I did wedding related wasn't to her liking and she wanted to be apart of the planning. Her feelings were "hurt" by the most random things that normally a FMIL wouldn't or shouldn't be apart of. They are ridic!

I'm not going to be all gangbusters when...1.They treat me like crap 2. Lie to me and 3. Try to make me feel bad.

It was our wedding, not hers. Literally a month before the wedding when all this went down I had to figure out if it was worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    #1 is my truth :) We did meet online and in November will be 7 years together! I was all alone in Sherman and bored to death with no friends so I would waste my free time on Dallas Peeps and unexpectedly met my future husband.

MLandCJ I think I remember you posting about this before the wedding? Or perhaps someone else. Either way I am sorry to hear you went through this and will be going through this. I have had some issues with FMIL but try to be civil yet stern. Things have actually improved over time.

Crash, I don't know what to choose!! So let's say that #1 is your truth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Fun! So far I'm 2/2!

MLandCJ, I guessed yours right because I remembered you'd had a LOT of issues with your ILs prior to the wedding.

Nancylusk ... yours was mostly a guess but I'm happy I was right :)

My truth was actually #1. I was initially going to do our wedding on a pretty small budget, but then our parents gave us a large sum of money and things just ... expanded. DH has no clue and, to be honest, I don't even know the final tally (even though I paid all the bills and everything, I never quite totalled up the last-minute expenses, like the 2k shuttle I paid for the week before the wedding).

#2 wasn't true at all. I never dieted at all before the wedding -- I was on a perpetual diet in my early 20s and only started eating junk food when I started dating H. So during our 1.5 year engagement of living together and eating Whataburger every other night, I actually put on a few lbs and am my personal heaviest. But also the happiest, so I don't care (well, much). I did gain a few more lbs in Italy, so that part was true, but I've at least gotten those extra pounds off since :)

As for #3, I actually kind of messed up on that one. (Stupid me, I thought the game was 2 Truths and a Lie, so I had to edit this one after the fact!) It's almost true. The night before the wedding, someone did totally insult my DH to my face, but it wasn't technically a b-party (just drinks after the RD with some girlfriends) and all my BMs just sat there in shocked silence while it was happening. I tried to joke my way out of the awkwardness, but it was still really awkward. It was one of H's relatives and I have no idea why or what they were thinking ... I guess they thought it was funny to "roast" him. It wasn't.

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My #1 is the truth. 

Yes.  This ridiculous-ness actually happened. Because FMIL was mad we didn't go say hi to them when they got there way after our softball game had already started. Sorry, we were a little busy.  

Then she jumped me for not answering her emails...that I didn't even realize I got. 

Then all of a sudden I poisioned her food. It was RIDICULOUS.
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to do this! Ooops!

1-I have lived in 4 different states while growing up, but spent most of my time here in Texas.

2-FI is the first real boyfriend I ever had. My first one was a long distance in which I broke it off because I was sneaky and I got him to admit he was cheating on me.

3-I actually tried out for Platnium Weddings, but didn't make the cut. They didn't want to reshow my venue again on the show. The owner's daughter was on there first.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_game-two-lies-truth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:45af8c6d-f664-492f-b8d3-3acb5611144dPost:59c9c657-90f9-462b-b52f-d76f74d90696">Re: Game: Two Lies and a Truth</a>:
    [QUOTE]My #1 is the truth.  Yes.  This ridiculous-ness actually happened. Because FMIL was mad we didn't go say hi to them when they got there way after our softball game had already started. Sorry, we were a little busy.   Then she jumped me for not answering her emails...that I didn't even realize I got.  Then all of a sudden I poisioned her food. It was RIDICULOUS.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

This is the most ABSURD thing I have EVER EVER heard.  I'm sorry you had to go through that!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My #2 is my truth. :) 

#1- I really do have a collection of old barbies but I would not sell them for ANYTHING.  I hope to pass them down to Keira bc she absolutely loves barbies & they are hard to find these days like they used to make them!

#3- While I have considered purchasing shoes of this price, I have retired that idea and I frequently look at discount stores like Ross & Zappos!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards