Favors

Candy bar help!!

Hello Everyone,,

I'm having a candy bar at my 9/9/11 wedding for about 130 ppl. I have about 60lbs of candy and I may get some more. I need some advise on what size bags to get!! I found some really cute bags that I want but they are 10 inch bags...is this way too big?? I'm sure not everyone will take candy but I don't want to run out either. Would 6inch bags be better?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Candy bar help!!

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um get both and fill them both up. See if after the 10in is filled up it takes a lot of candy. If it does then go with the 6in.
  • edited December 2011

I agree with PP. Even if you don't purchase the exact bags, find something incredabley similar (the dimensions of the bag should be on the website) so you can make a reasonable estimate as to how much candy it will hold fully loaded down with candy. Then go from there :)

I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • edited December 2011
    i was originally going to do 9" bags for mine and filled mine up with the most exspensive (jelly bellys) and it can hold 2 lbs....I found a cute little bag at hobby lobby that is 6 by 4, or 7 by 4 and they come with twisty ties too! I would do big individually wrapped candies, they take up more room! and then maybe put jars of honey or jam and individually wrapped cookies on the table too!
    LOVE IS SWEET!
  • slaughter182slaughter182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No matter how much candy you bring, your www.jennlanedesign.com/blog/reception-ideas-candy-buffet/" target="_blank" title="Candy Buffet">candy buffet will run out.  The larger the bags, the quicker it will happen.  The first couple dozen through will probably grab way to much, and those in the back will struggle for their favorites.  Even with 60 pounds!  Best to have some backup reserves and a "helper" to refill in the towards the end of dinner!  Best of luck!
    Married 5.15.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards