Favors

Hangover Kits

On The Knot homepage today, i saw adorable hang over kits, which i want to put in my bridesmaid/ groomsmen bags. Does anyone know where i can get them as kits, and not have to to ANOTHER DIY project? 
thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hangover Kits

• edited December 2011

How many BM and GM do you have? Honestly I would DIY, and this is coming from someone that did very little DIY for my wedding. I just think you'll end up paying way more than necessary for a pre-packaged "hangover kit".

• edited December 2011
    What dot hey have in them? Aspirin, water? Vitamins? I really can't think of whatelse you'd need.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • misskopjegmisskopjeg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also like to know what are in these kits and how much they are. I am a destination bride and we will be on a ship, so I'm sure I will have at least 2 with hang overs.
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's klassy.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    it might not be classy, but let's be real.... its a wedding. our reception will be a HUGE party. if people don't wake up the next morning hung over, I won't feel like it was a success!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not like the idea of a hangover kit because most adults are not going to get so drunk at your wedding to where they're going to have a hangover the next day. 

Here's a seller on etsy that does kits though and they're under $10 each.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/quickits
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin didnt do an actual hangover kit but in the bags we received at the hotel was a bottle of water and tylenol which was obviously for those of us that had a few drinks.

I think especially for GM and BM its a cute idea.... its not saying hey I know youre going to be hammered but it will make them laugh and when they wake up the next morning after and icredibly long day, partying and dancing who wouldnt mind digging around for tylenol and water or whatever else is in there.
  • edited December 2011
    ok apparently Im having major issues typing this morning....

*after AN INCREDIBLY

*who wouldnt mind NOT having to dig around
  • edited December 2011
    i don't like the idea of giving hangover kits as a favor (i've seen that idea before - who woud give their grandma a hangover kit...seriously?!) but i kinda think its cute for your WP - assuming they drink.

i also agree with PPs, it'd probably be alot cheaper to DIY this one.
  • christinag24christinag24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    klassy uh learn how to spell. Before you talk about someone being CLASSY!
  • edited December 2011
    I also think this is a fun idea and was wondering how I could DIY this myself (what all is included)?!  I could easily see how this might not be the best favor idea for a formal wedding, but for my relatively informal, adults only wedding with about 40 guests I think this is one of the better favor ideas I've run across - especially since our reception is in a brewery!
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen them as well and want to do them...I saw one with bloody mary mixes which i loved but i can't find them! 
  • edited December 2011
    we're having our wedding in Vegas - and while it may not be "klassy" enough for everyone, it would be perfect for us! 
    this website sells the kits - not one that I'm going to get - but it has ideas for what's inside.....http://www.hangoverkit.com/the-kit.htm
  • edited December 2011

We're just doing them for the guests staying at the hotel we have blocked out, since they are basically all of our younger friends or the people who wanted to drink (and obviously not drive home) so they reserved a room. I'm having the hotel deliver them to the rooms during the reception so guests will come back to them at the end of the night. We are including a powerade, tylenol, pepto bismol, saltines, and gum.

I've looked into everything and it's definitely cheaper to DIY, I've just bought little bags to put all of it in and the single, individually wrapped doses of the tylenol and pepto. It ends up at  about $1.50 each bag.

• despinoza17despinoza17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is a cute idea, and if it isnt for you then you shouldnt knock it down. Yes we dont know who will be getting drunk and who wont be but chances are the people who want this for their wedding their families drink/ or will laugh. I love the idea. As for the DIY issue I think you should make them yourself it will end up not taking too long and half the cost!
  • edited December 2011
    My family andmy fiance's family both love to drink. I know if alcohol is around it will be drank. so I think that a hangover kit is a perfect and funny idea. I never would of thought to do this but after seeing it on here it is a great idea. And the wedding party would think that you are just thinking ahead
  • edited December 2011
    I love this idea, and can't wait to do it myself. My Fiance and I are getting married in the  Rocky mountains at 8300ft elevation, and our family is coming in from illinois. They need to hydrate the whole time so almost everyone even the two glasses of wine drinker will need these. I love the idea of the bloody mary mixes in each one!!! Cheers!
  • edited December 2011

I think its a cute idea to put in OOT bags or if you are having a DW.  The name alone "Hangover Kit" is sure to get a chuckle out of most people, I guess with the exception of those who have no sense of humor. 

But honestly when you look at the contents of them (asprin, alka seltzer, pepto, etc.) these may come in handy for the sober who may just be suffereing from a simple headache or upset stomach from traveling and/or something they ate.  Nothing worse than taking a trip or being on vaction and having to hunt down a simple neccessity that you may have forgetten to pack or thought you would not need.  It's just a little extra something your guest would appreciate.  If they don't need it "now", its something they would use "later"

• As a MOH, I am totally doing this for bachelorette party favors!  I am doing a night-of gift bag with penis straws and shot glasses...then a morning-after gift bag with tylenol, bloody mary mix, a bottle of water and cheap sunglasses!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My daughter included something along these lines in her OOT bags.  She made tags and attached them to cellophane bags, and called them "Hangover Helpers" (ala Hamburger Helper). 

In each bag, she included:  water, 7-UP, saltine crackers, tylenol, Tums, and Pepto-Bismal.  It helped guests other than those who may have had a few too many; it helped to settle queasy stomachs from travelling, and guests who indulged in too many "forbidden foods" as well.
  • We are getting married in St. Maarten and are doing "Wedding Week Survival Kits" which will include many things such as Tylenol, water, snacks, lip balm, safety pins, sunglasses, tissues, koozies, sunscreen, personalized t-shirt for our joint bachelor/bachelorette party. We will be seperating things out for hangover remedies, things you may need for the wedding day and items that may come in handy in general.

These items will go in a large zip lock bag and I created labels out of card stock that you literally fold over the top of the bag and staple and they are Caribbean themed. Those bags will go inside a canvas tote (for the beach) with a beach towel for each guests.

I don't see anything wrong with a hangover bag--I too would suggest making it yourself though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_hangover-kits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:53ef2af7-dffe-45fa-b5a2-19e35eb1bc61Post:ae5239c3-f700-432a-a4a2-b7abfe38bb22">Re: Hangover Kits</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't like the idea of giving hangover kits as a favor (i've seen that idea before - who woud give their grandma a hangover kit...seriously?!) but i kinda think its cute for your WP - assuming they drink. i also agree with PPs, it'd probably be alot cheaper to DIY this one.
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]

you don't know my grandmother ...lol  =P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards