Favors

XP: Help me pick a favor

Our wedding is next spring, so I wanted to embrace that in some way. I have already bought about 50 mini flower pots, originally planning to fill little pink muslin bags with sunflower seeds and write "Let Love Grow" on the pot. 

I am now reconsidering and thinking about doing a candy buffet. What if I still painted them to say the same thing but set them out by the candy buffet for people to scoop their candy into? It'd be kind of small though, and might only hold a few candies. We were only planning on doing wrapped candy (Reeses Cups, Butterfingers, Jr Mint Deluxe), if that matters to anyone. 
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**

Re: XP: Help me pick a favor

• edited December 2011
    If the flowerpots won't hold enough candy, simply do the candy buffet without them.  Get some cellophane bags and call it golden.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But then what should I do with the 50 flower pots I bought? I'd still like to try and use them, even though I do plan on selling them afterward. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm could you use the flower pots for seating card holders.

http://www.creativeweddingfavors.com/flower-pot-place-card-favors-wb306.html

• edited December 2011
    Depending on who may be throwing you a bridal shower, perhaps the pots could be given to shower attendees, filled with either sunflower seeds or herbs to grow in windowsills, etc. Not that you're responsible for providing your own favors when a shower is thrown for you, but.. I just know how you feel about not wanting them to be "wasted" or not wanting to give up the cute idea all together.
    Favors & Event Accessories | majestystudios.com
  • dees14dees14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for the seeds because I think that's a cute idea, and also if I were a guest I wouldn't want to put my candy into a flowerpot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards