Favors
Options

Favors for Small Wedding?

Hi Ladies! My FI and i chose to have a very intimate evening wedding Friday, March 15, 2013. The total guest count is 9 adults and 3 kids. I want to give my guest something to remember the date, but since it's so small, I didn't want to go traditional. Should I skip favors? If not, what do you recommend? Any ideas are appreciated!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors for Small Wedding?

• Options
    A dagger?  (The Ides of March)
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Check out etsy.com  or orientaltrading.com for ideas within budget range.
  • Options
    Thank you for the wonderful suggestions. I appreciate your help!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't have to do favors, of course, but with a small, intimate wedding like you're having, you have a great scope for non-traditional things you could do.  You could even put together a little something for each person individually (in a box or basket with their name attached), rather than making them all the same.
  • Options
    Thats a good idea. What types of things should be placed inside?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Anything edible (candy, cookies, fudge, snacky things, drink mixes), something seasonal (caramel apples, drink mixes, cookie cutters, bird seed ornaments, holiday decorations) or consumable (bath salts, soaps, flower bulbs/seeds, jams/jellies/honey/chutney/salsa) are fairly standard suggestions.

Since you have a small guest list and (presumably) know your guests quite well, you have the leeway to do things that might not work on a larger scale:  a photo of you and/or your FI with that person in a nice picture frame, set an amount per person and shop as you would for "stocking stuffers" (a mug for your coffee buddy, a small toy for a niece or nephew), or an edible that you know they would like with a short but heartfelt note about how much you appreciate having him/her in your life.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you have the opportunity to make the favor much more personal with a small, intimate guest list.  You don't have to, of course, but it's an option.

• Options
    I buoght cookie cutters and tied to each of them a tag, which I wrote "We are 'cut out' for each other!"/"Our love will never crumble!" and my husband's and my Bible verse (Jeremiah 29:11)..very cheap - on amazon.com, 101 cutters for $15...yes, they were theme related, but that was okay with us - people picked and chose what they wanted..c'mon - who wouldn't want a football or dinosaur cookie cutter?? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards