Favors

Wedding Favors ideas

My wedding is not till May 11, 2013. But i want to make my own or get cheap ones. I am having 100 to 130 people come. My colors are green and Yellow. We are Big Green Bay Packers fans and thats the theme of the wedding BUT its not going to have packers stuff every where we are just using the colors.

At fist i was thinking Cowboy Straw hats (big Country fan) because the first part of the wedding is out doors the second is inside, but the cowboy hats are to expensive.

what are some other great ideas?

Re: Wedding Favors ideas

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wedding-favors-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:593e295b-a67a-43a3-862a-811d2e2620b1Post:97f984c8-4eee-475e-951c-2dfe0e2ff393">Wedding Favors ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is not till May 11, 2013. But i want to make my own or get cheap ones. I am having 100 to 130 people come. My colors are green and Yellow. We are Big Green Bay Packers fans and thats the theme of the wedding BUT its not going to have packers stuff every where we are just using the colors. At fist i was thinking Cowboy Straw hats (big Country fan) because the first part of the wedding is out doors the second is inside, but the cowboy hats are to expensive. what are some other great ideas?
    Posted by Elizabeth Burgin[/QUOTE]

<div>That's our wedding date, too, woohoo! First time I've seen someone having that date. </div><div>
    </div><div>The ideas I've seen, so far, that might be pretty inexpensive and are pretty cute:</div><div>FOR OURDOOR WEDDINGS:</div><div>-fans (can double as programs if you really want to get twice the bang for your buck)</div><div>-koozies (can keep drinks cold if you plan on serving any when people are ourdoors)</div><div>
    </div><div>FOR INDOORS:</div><div>-something edible (I looooooove edible favours! I usually much on them as soon as I get them or on the ride home!), depending on how many guests and patience you have you can even make them yourself! (we're doing homemade pretzels for our event in Toronto, and then jars of honey and honey spoons for our event in Romania). You can even have a candy buffet that can double as a favour station (just leave little containers and explain that people are welcome to help themselves).</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>aaaaaand I'm out of ideas for now. If I get any more, I'll be back to tell you! good luck!</div><div>
    </div>
  • what if you did yellow chocolate cheese molds?  Its chocolate, matches what you guys like?
  • You could get doll-size straw hats / cowboy hats and fill them with candy in your colors (jordan almonds, jellybeans, M&M's, etc.). Check Oriental Trading co., I think they have quite a bit of country-themed items.  You'd need to put the candy in a small cellophane bag or tie it in tulle before putting it into the hats.

• Edible really is the best way to go with favors; keepsake items tend to get tossed immediately or left behind. If you're going for a county/rustic look, I think mini mason jars filled with candy are an adorable option.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Thank you guys!

I Love the idea of the Cheese chocolate! I may do that! and make in the shape of a Cheese Head hat!  :-)

you all have great ideas! I can even do them in white chocolate and put our Colors in it :-)
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You could go as simple as green and yellow candy in inexpensive containers.  You can find cookie molds in just about any shape and size.  I am sure you could find cookie molds in the shape of cowboy hats, ffotballs, your initials,  or even in the shape of Wisconsin.  The cookies could be frosted in green and yellow.  Or you could have simple round cookies and frost them green and yellow along the lines of a black/white cookie.

Cheese popcorn would be delicious and inexpensive as well.
  • Wow Mobkaz those are awesome ideas too!

Now what to pick?? I know i cant do the cookies because i already told my future mother in law that she can do the cookies becuase she really wanted to do them and i could not say no... (she whould be so heart broken) but the cookies she is making are not the favors they are part of the cake display. Cookies and Cake.

I Love the football idea. now its time to pick my fav and go with it :-)
  • Congrats. Thats my wedding date too!
  • VJones1981VJones1981 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I think the cheese shaped chocolates are a really cute idea. You could put the yellow chocolates in a clear bag and tie it with a green ribbon. P.S....I am also getting married May 11, 2013. If you haven't already, check out the May 2013 board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards