Favors

Favors on the guest's table vs. a separate table

Did you put your favors at each place setting or did you have a separate table for your favors?  I'm debating between two favors, and my mom and I are having a disagreement as to where they should go.  I'd like a separate table to keep the guest tables less cluttered and plus the display of one of the them (clicky!) would be precious.  I also think you'd save a bit of money because you know not every is going to take one and you won't have favors where kids or babies will be sitting.  At the last wedding I went to, the favors (candy) were at each place setting and through the night a kid probably stole the favors off of a couple of the tables and ate it all!!

Thoughts?

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: Favors on the guest's table vs. a separate table

• edited December 2011
    I did personalized gift bags in my wedding color and i left them on each chair..
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking we're putting ours at each place setting, but I haven't decided for sure. That being said it's your wedding and neither option is a bad one so I say just do what youwould prefer.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a separate table. I don't want guests to have to fuss with the boxes all night when trying to eat dinner. Most would end up on the floor. I'm going to have them put out on a nice table after dinner starts so guests can pick them up on the way out.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • jiannicellojiannicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours are going on  a separate favour table. I want to keep the tables clean and elegant looking.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I calculated the # of favors I needed for each table (since I had assigned tables) and put them at the place settings.  I actually asked my event planner and this was her suggestion.  If you have a planner at your venue maybe you can ask them what they think is best and that will solve the argument.
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is my parents backyard, and even though we have a coordinator for the day, most of this is DIY and on our own.  I think we'll just stick with the separate table to keep the tables clean.  Thanks everyone!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing a DIY rustic style wedding outdoors at my dad's lake. Haven't decided on what to do for favors yet, but it'll be on a seperate table just because we have a lot of children going to be there and I don't want the tables too crowded.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards