Favors
Options

Any ideas for favors for a medieval wedding?

I am planning a medieval wedding and the only problem is we don't have much money!  I have no idea what to do for favors that go along with a Celtic medieval theme.  Help!

Re: Any ideas for favors for a medieval wedding?

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't have much money you don't need favors.  However, if you really want them I would say something with a celtic love knot.
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just Googled it, and here are some inexpensive ideas that came up:

gold chocolate coins
    herbal bags or sachets
    celtic soap or molded chocolates
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    pepito1234pepito1234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While of course favors aren't strictly necessary, I think a cool idea would be to give out little St Brigid's crosses, maybe even with a personalized ribbon with your names and the date. You can look it up on wikipedia if you'd like. Traditionally people nail these straw crosses above the inside of their front door to protect the house from fire, and it can be representative of the medieval Irish church or super pagan, depending on how you decide to look at it. You might be able to find someone on etsy that sells them pretty cheaply. 
  • Options
    dbelangerdbelanger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are alos going to have a medeval wedding and I was planning on either a hand made Potpourri, a plant or Lavender sprigs tied together neatly with the guests name on it, all hand made
  • Options
    khutson1968khutson1968 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am also having a medieval wedding.  My finance has 4 young children (14, 12, 10, 9), i got a small hearts chocolate mold, some melting chocolate, and gold foil.  We are making the little hearts and putting them in red velvet bags as favors.

Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May I ask where you are having your Medieval Weddings? I have been searching for an outdoor venue and am having a really difficult time.
  • Options
    As far as location goes check with gardens, renaissance festival sites and parks.
    These especially the parks and gardens are less expensive and with only a few decorations can make a great place for a medieval wedding. Remember it's more about the details and your outfits than anything else. Also bakc in medieval times they got married in forests and gardens, refer back to the ending of "Robin Hood : Prince of Theives" with Kevin Costner, those were medieval/renaissance times and they were in Sherwood Forest.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ideas-favors-medieval-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:65f268df-de25-43e0-b217-dd9a788fdd75Post:359ba98a-1073-4231-987c-51ac9e8ed3af">Re: Any ideas for favors for a medieval wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]May I ask where you are having your Medieval Weddings? I have been searching for an outdoor venue and am having a really difficult time.
    Posted by mlync77[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards