Favors

Is it too soon to order napkins, bubbles for an August wedding?

I am thinking about ordering personalized napkins from The Knot store. Do you think they will hold up till then or should I wait. I guess I would leave them packaged up after I inspect them a bit. I ordered bubbles a couple of months ago (I got a little excited) and now I'm wondering if they will still be good for August?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Is it too soon to order napkins, bubbles for an August wedding?

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could order the napkins, but I'd wait a few months for the bubbles.  I teach preschool and the bubbles do NOT last fall to spring. 

I bought everything so early too and some of the items are not as "good" as they were before.  think about it!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What could possibly happen to napkins between now and August?  Will they "hold up"?  Really?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_soon-order-napkins-bubbles-august-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:78b54975-f133-4437-96c5-66aeed103e9aPost:25422384-3dcd-4ebf-8ddf-4656121237b2">Re: Is it too soon to order napkins, bubbles for an August wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What could possibly happen to napkins between now and August?  Will they "hold up"?  Really?
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

I was worried about the foil on the napkins possibly peeling.  I was wondering if anyone may have had an experience with this. Thanks
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered napkins from TK for my wedding last year and they are still good.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_soon-order-napkins-bubbles-august-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:78b54975-f133-4437-96c5-66aeed103e9aPost:e6b7d8f1-39d3-452d-bf02-bf8ed6c74d6c">Re: Is it too soon to order napkins, bubbles for an August wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could order the napkins, but I'd wait a few months for the bubbles.  I teach preschool and the bubbles do NOT last fall to spring.  I bought everything so early too and some of the items are not as "good" as they were before.  think about it!
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

Oh please.  I have been a preschool teacher for 22 years, and bubbles will most certainly last from February through August.  I have bubble solution in the closet that we used last fall and that we'll use again when we can get back outside.

FWIW:  My DD used left-over bubbles from our son and DIL's wedding that had happened 3 years earlier.  And then I used the left-overs from the July wedding into November at the nursery school.

Get the bubbles now.  They'll be fine.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    The napkins will hold up unless you decide to store them in a very damp place.  My daughter still has napkins from her wedding that was over a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards