Favors
Options

Casual Reception favors

We are having a very casual reception - only 40-45 people with close friends and family.   Thus far we have decided on a Gourmet hot dog cart with chips,  Wondering what other sides I could add to this that we can do inexpensively.   Any suggestions?

We are also having a cotton candy machine (per the FI)

Do you think these favors are good? or is this enough?  We are making popcorn balls for favors abd bags of kisses with tags that say  "Never Say Never ~ our last name "

That is our theme Never say Never =)   both of us have always said we would NEVER get married.  

Re: Casual Reception favors

• Options
    I woudn't think of a hot dog cart and cotton candy as being a "favor"....it just seems like another "station" at your wedding. The bag of hershey kisses at each guest's plate is good....generally anything edible is best.  But remember, favors aren't even necessary.
  • Options
    I also wouldn't view the hot dog cart being a favor.  You wouldn't want to take a hot dog home!  Is their lunch or dinner being served here at your reception?  Seems odd to offer a hot dog as well.  Cotton candy, popcorn balls, and hershey kisses, that is a LOT of favors.  Guests are going to need a tote bag to take it all home!  If your not aiming for a carnival theme I would elminate stuff.
  • Options
    The first two things you mentioned are the meal, which isn't a favor.  Part of being a host is providing a meal for your guests - particularly if it's at a mealtime.

I think the popcorn balls sounds fine.  Like Cortney above said, I am getting a carnival vibe, so if that's what you want - then great - and if not it sounds like you need to rework your plans.
  • Options
    Yes the Hot dog cart and chips is part of the meal - the popcorn balls and kisses were the favors -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards