Favors
Options

What are bubbles for?

I thought the bubble tube favors were for when the bride and groom leave the reception. I ordered the bubbles about 2 years ago when I first started the wedding planning. However, since then, I don't think my fiance and I will be "seen off" or anything. I've heard that bubbles are also used after the ceremony. How does that generally work? Just wondering what the timing and messaging around that is.

Thanks in advance!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: What are bubbles for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want them for when you leave the ceremony have them passed out with your programs or in a basket by the door for when they exit the ceremony venue.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Kristen said but when you exit go out of sight maybe take a couple of pictures to allow all of your guests to exit and (hopefully there's a back or side door) reenter and come back out with everyone waiting for you.  If you're not completely sure how to exit and come back in ask your venue if they have any ideas.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was planning on doing bubbles but some other knotties told me they can stain your dress just an fyi
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_bubbles-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:8dbcb567-47df-40a6-a561-e89e22e62165Post:0f609af7-79ad-4d32-b227-083f407b49bd">Re: What are bubbles for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i was planning on doing bubbles but some other knotties told me they can stain your dress just an fyi
    Posted by stonektrina1[/QUOTE]
    I had bubbles and a lot of them were landing right on my dress.  No stains.  My dress was silk taffeta.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding couple of weeks ago and they used them for the father/daughter and mother/son dance.  It was a nice touch!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards