Favors

Star Wars Favors

My FI and I are getting marring May 4, 2013. We are looking for small star wars favors that can include a tag that reads "May the 4th be with you" with both of our names. I was thinking about buying votive candles and using a glass etcher to etch a star wars character in the glass and use that as my favor. I would have to make 150 of them. I have plenty of time to do it but I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks! 

Re: Star Wars Favors

• There are TONS of Star Wars weddings if you google it.  Have you tried googling Star Wars wedding favors?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_star-wars-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:8fbac511-3f92-424a-afb1-42f51083f299Post:dce27674-7f7e-4a6e-b993-b6af60178f97">Re: Star Wars Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are TONS of Star Wars weddings if you google it.  Have you tried googling Star Wars wedding favors?
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>I have been googling it for the past 3 hours. There are tons of star wars weddings but I havent been able to find anything pertaining to favors. </div>
  • what about hersey bars with a "may the 4th be with you..." wrapper. then on the back you can add your names and date. also if you want more diy, buy your favorite ice cube trays (the have r2-d2, yoda, darth vader, and han solo in carbonite. plus others) and use them to make handmade chocolate. you could even use food coloring in white chocolate to make yoda green! then just use a clear wrapper and your ribbon with words printed on it.

congrats on your star wars wedding! im so jealous, i could never get my man to agree...lol
  • oh! another idea would be star wars coasters...
  • Try this:

I googled Star Wars Candy and got these suckers from etsy.  There are also pez dispensers.  Didn't get very far in looking because I have to pick up my son.  Hope something there works out for you.
  • Thanks for the ideas! I did manage to find patterns for little crochet star wars characters. lol I even might have a couple women who are willing to make them for me but we will see how that goes. My FI suggested buying mini lightsabers that are pens but the only ones I can find are $15 a piece!!! Whoa!!

I like idea of the chocolates made from the ice cube trays. We were trying to stay away from the edible favors but it might come down to that because of price and simplicity. My favors were one thing that I wanted to slurge on a little. :) I have a small collection of keepsake wedding favors from other weddings Ive attended and I love having them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_star-wars-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:8fbac511-3f92-424a-afb1-42f51083f299Post:032d113b-5ce0-4045-a759-2ae522a39c88">Re: Star Wars Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the ideas! I did manage to find patterns for little crochet star wars characters. lol I even might have a couple women who are willing to make them for me but we will see how that goes. My FI suggested buying mini lightsabers that are pens but the only ones I can find are $15 a piece!!! Whoa!! I like idea of the chocolates made from the ice cube trays.<strong> We were trying to stay away from the edible favors</strong> but it might come down to that because of price and simplicity. My favors were one thing that I wanted to slurge on a little. :) I have a small collection of keepsake wedding favors from other weddings Ive attended and I love having them.
    Posted by tmjones87[/QUOTE]

Why are you trying to stay away from edible favors?  It is actually much better to go with edible.  Most people don't like getting knick knacks, and I know if I got something Star Wars themed it would go in the trash the moment I got home.  I wouldn't waste your time or money on knick knacks.
  • Have to agree with Joan, I really encourage you to go with edibles.  Most people will happily eat Darth Vadar fashioned out of candy, but they probably won't want any kind of knick knack thingy.
  • Since you seem to like crafting/DIY, could you make (crochet, craft from paper, etc.) little Star Wars figure "sleeves" to go over lollipops, cookies, bags of candy, etc.?  That way the favor could be both edible (which most people will probably prefer) and collectible/keepsake?
  • Wow! My date is May 4th as well!! I have been looking all over for star wars themed gifts- I already decided on the chocolate characters but didn't think to add food coloring! You can get the trays from thinkgeek.com.  Thanks everyone for all the great ideas! Good luck with your search, and I will let you know what I find.
  • tmjones87tmjones87 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all your input everyone! I have found my favors! I am having starwars mini amigurumi made. The woman is charging me $1 a piece. They are super cute. Both myself and my FH come from very carefree fun loving (dare I say 'geeky' lol) families so I know these little guys will not be trashed. There are many small children who will be attending our wedding and many more small children who are apart of the family that will not be able to come so even if there are some adults who are less than excited about them there are plenty of little ones who will be more than happy to give these little guys homes. We also have people coming from out of the country who are very excited about coming home with these. I actually had a poll on our wedding website asking people if they prefered favors they could keep or favors they could eat. Most said they would rather go to a wedding and have a keepsake instead of a snack. I will be choosing 3 or 4 of them to be made.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_star-wars-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:8fbac511-3f92-424a-afb1-42f51083f299Post:92fb8bc8-6339-48d1-8bca-b29db3b403d0">Re: Star Wars Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your input everyone! I have found my favors! I am having starwars mini amigurumi made. The woman is charging me $1 a piece. They are super cute. Both myself and my FH come from very carefree fun loving (dare I say 'geeky' lol) families so I know these little guys will not be trashed. There are many small children who will be attending our wedding and many more small children who are apart of the family that will not be able to come so even if there are some adults who are less than excited about them there are plenty of little ones who will be more than happy to give these little guys homes. We also have people coming from out of the country who are very excited about coming home with these. I actually had a poll on our wedding website asking people if they prefered favors they could keep or favors they could eat. Most said they would rather go to a wedding and have a keepsake instead of a snack. I will be choosing 3 or 4 of them to be made.

Oh wow, I'll be honest, I'd have absolutely NO USE for one of those doll things.  It'd be in the trash before it could even collect dust.  The older women in my family would probably have no idea what they even are.   I stand by my opinion to stick to edible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_star-wars-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:8fbac511-3f92-424a-afb1-42f51083f299Post:92fb8bc8-6339-48d1-8bca-b29db3b403d0">Re: Star Wars Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your input everyone! I have found my favors! I am having starwars mini amigurumi made. The woman is charging me $1 a piece. They are super cute. Both myself and my FH come from very carefree fun loving (dare I say 'geeky' lol) families so I know these little guys will not be trashed. There are many small children who will be attending our wedding and many more small children who are apart of the family that will not be able to come so even if there are some adults who are less than excited about them there are plenty of little ones who will be more than happy to give these little guys homes. We also have people coming from out of the country who are very excited about coming home with these. I actually had a poll on our wedding website asking people if they prefered favors they could keep or favors they could eat. Most said they would rather go to a wedding and have a keepsake instead of a snack. I will be choosing 3 or 4 of them to be made.

Oh my goodness, those are so cute! Where did you find those! I am debating doing a Star Wars theme for my wedding as well and if that is the case, something like those little guys would be fantastic!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards