Favors

OOT Guest Bag Delivery Dilemma

Me, and all of my guests are traveling to Breckenridge for our wedding. Not all of our guests are staying in the suggested hotels, as there are many places to stay in town.  How do I find out where people are staying in order to get their bags to them?  Also, some places are requiring a $3 delivery fee to put the bags in the room, is it tacky to wait until guests arrive and deliver them myself....seems silly to spend an extra $100 to have someone put the bags in the room for me.  Thanks.

Re: OOT Guest Bag Delivery Dilemma

• FinkFink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about leaving the bags at the front desk of the suggested hotels and have your guests pick them up when they check in? I would hope the hotels wouldn't charge to do that!

By suggested hotels, do you mean places where you blocked off rooms?  If so, I think it is nice that you want to find all of your OOT guests, but I really don't think you have to and that you can have bags just at the hotels where you blocked off rooms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • zippitybzippityb member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are all of these OOT guests attending the rehearsal dinner? If so, I'd hand them out then.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hotel charged $2 to hand them out at the desk and $3 to deliver them to the room.  We sucked it up and paid it, but we only had like 20.  I second the RD idea if that is an option.

I just emailed my guests and asked them where they were staying.  Luckily, my venue was a hotel so most of them stayed there.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought most hotels didn't charge if you handed them out at check-in.  That's the first I've heard of charging.  I honesty haven't even asked at our hotel.  But if they charge we will probably just pay it.  Most people staying are people just spending the night to not have to drive, so they won't all be at the rehearsal.  Anyone in a different hotel will probably come in early enough for the RD and we can give it to them then.  And it will probably contain more since they will be there for extra nights. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ssilverman25ssilverman25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess we will have to suck it up and pay the fees.....not all of our guests will be at our RD and they are all arriving different days since our is a destination wedding, but in the mountains instead of at the beach!  Thanks ladies.
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Negotiate the fees for a certain number of guests.  Like "I have 20 guests at this hotel. Can you waive the fees?"  We did.
  • ssilverman25ssilverman25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that is a good idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards