Favors

Wine/Beer Glasses or other Practical Favor?

We've been planning on personalized beer glasses but the place I thought was the least expensive added $144 for shipping and I really don't want to spend so much on these.

FI is okay with changing it but wants something that people will keep and use in their home. I'm just at a loss right now. I've been looking at pinterest way too long and my brain is about to just sign a check for the glasses but my wallet is going to cry if I do it.
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Wine/Beer Glasses or other Practical Favor?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_winebeer-glasses-or-other-practical-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:918fa743-118e-41ef-811e-b6eb46a1e5b8Post:066c90de-fff9-49f7-8981-24745ea7bd2a">Wine/Beer Glasses or other Practical Favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've been planning on personalized beer glasses but the place I thought was the least expensive added $144 for shipping and I really don't want to spend so much on these. FI is okay with changing it but wants something that people will keep and use in their home. I'm just at a loss right now. I've been looking at pinterest way too long and my brain is about to just sign a check for the glasses but my wallet is going to cry if I do it.
    Posted by BritniLeigh[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know you mean well, but honestly no one wants personalized glasses from your wedding.

If favors are making you cry, you should definitely just skip them! Really, they're not required, and not worth stressing over!
  • If you were giving me 4 glasses that were NOT personalized, well, ok. But I definitely wouldn't want anything personalized with your names or wedding date, and I don't want a random glass that doesn't match anything else I have. 

Your fiance wants something people will keep and use. The reality is that most of the people do not want something to keep and use. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This post is farther down, and I responded on it:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_photobooth-and-coaster-favors

I'm not saying you have to do coasters, but we had none left because they were personalized with the guest's monogram and said nothing about our wedding.

The alternative that is most talked about is something edible. I'd recommend reading all the other posts below about edible favors then discuss with your fiance.

You also don't have to do any favors, because they are nice, but not necessary. You could have a coffee and donut station at the end of the night, with carryout cups for the coffee and small bags for donuts and people would think this was fine.

Good luck.
  • Damn, you're all right!

I had found an affordable place locally earlier today so I was still thinking about the glasses. I  immediately understood about the personalization with our names part  so I was thinking we could do a design less our names.... but because they're so expensive overall and you all were negative or ho hum about the glasses, I polled the people I thought who would love them and no one was keen on them.....at...all. 

I like your coaster idea with the monogram. People I spoke to liked that. That would satisfy FI's desire to have something practical that might stick around and it could double for place cards.... seems that most people favor my original idea (way back)  homemade jarred pumpkin butter, apple butter and pepper jelly favors....as you all said was best...edible favor.

Hmm. I'm glad we have 7 months.  Thanks for your feedback

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  •  I totally disagree that NOBODY wants something from your wedding personalized! I have read alot of posts and the same 2 posters say the same thing. I'm sorry if your loved ones/family/friends do not wish to have anything with your name and wedding date as a keepsake. My family and friends wish to have something with our names and have even given me ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards