Favors
Options

shot glasses?

Should I order shot glasses as wedding favors? We're having an adult only wedding everyone loves to drink lol

Re: shot glasses?

• Options
    If your crowd would get use out of them.  I wouldn't personalize them with your name or date, though.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options

Agree with PP, crowd is very important in this.  My family would love it my FH's would definitely NOT, sends the wrong message to some ppl

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, I would think twice about your guests before ordering.  IMO, I would expect to see shot glasses to commemorate a "stock the bar" shower or bachelor/ette party, not at a wedding, but I have heard of it before.  You know your guests and how they would react to this favor. 
     If you do decide to go with shot glasses, you can personalize them without going the name/date route (I agree with Mrs. B, no one wants a glass with your name on it).  I think it would be cute to add a print to the glass, maybe something from your stationary or decor (lovebird, Celtic knot/symbol, your flower).  It's specific to you and your wedding, but generic enough to use at home and appreicate long after the wedding.  Just an idea.
  • Options
    Depends on your crowd. I did this and they were a hit. We served a special shot in them at the end and told the guests to keep them. We did put our name and date on it. I ordered from discountmugs.com and paid under $2 for each -- which is cheaper than most "Cheap" favors. They had tons of coupon codes online and I received free shipping and they upgraded my shot glass design since the one I wanted was discontinued. Not everyone took theirs, some people forgot and asked me if I had any extras down the road. Either way, I loved it and it didn't really matter what anyone else thought in the end. :) Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would love the shot glass idea, especially since it's an adults-only affair.  As long as you think most of the guests will actually use or at least keep the glasses then go for it.  A lot of people collect them.  Also a lot of people would probably rather have an image than your names on the glasses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    We'd appreciate it- FI collects shotglasses. But I agree, an image or saying would be more popular than just your names. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards