Favors
Options

purse holders for the ladies

Hello brides to be!!

My fiance thinks purse holders are a lame wedding favor to give. We're giving cigars for the guys, and I was thinking purse holders for the ladies?

Like or dislike...
Its something I think girls would use - including myself?

whats your take :) 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: purse holders for the ladies

• Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what a purse holder is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I SHOULD HAVE POSTED WITH MY MESSAGE :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhh, ok. Hmmmm. Well, I got something similar as a Christmas gift from someone at work last year. I think it is for finding your keys in your purse easily. I have mixed emotions about your holder b/c like my key holder thing, I'm not sure I'd use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
      I think it's going to be hit or miss.  If  someone is big into purses and only buys, say, Coach purses, she's more apt to use it I think because she'll probably be more concscientious of keeping her purse up off the floor and such.  Someone who spends $10 on a purse might not care as much.  And, there are some women who don't use purses.  I think you're better off going with something edible since cigars are consumable, KWIM?  
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    DianitaDianita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This in spain is VERY popular! I say GO FOR IT! Men don´t usually know what women want anyways! :) Its handy, practical and have all sorts of neat designs and styles! :)
  • Options
    DianitaDianita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh! and i should add that its a good anti theft deterrant. Purses that are hung on a chair or on the floor are easy to rob, but if you hang it right next to you, its harder to do ;)

Its similiar to the key thing, but not quite. Same idea, different purpose. I´ve even used my purse holder to hang my coat from when you have no place to hang it (a bar for example).

Very handy. Sorry, can´t help it, I´m a fan! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the feedback - its very helpful 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have one, but I never use it because it doesn't hold my large purse very well.  I'd rather set it on the floor under the table to start with than deal with it falling there and spilling halfway through a meal.

I'd survey some of your gal pals and female family members and see what they think about them (without mentioning that you're considering them for a favor).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/68912107/10-handmade-flower-favor-pens-in-clay?ref=pr_shop

these were given to the ladies at a bridal shower once, very cute and everyone loved them.
    hope this helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are suggesting some pretty good points, and important ones for me to consider

I like both the suggestions :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love a purse holder as a favor, have given them as gifts and the person always loves them, maybe its a California thing but everyone knows what they are and are pretty popular!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Roro, vendors aren't allowed to post on TK.  You've been reported.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To Faye:

Why dont you get your facts straight , Im NOT a vendor. i do know the seller of the site but that is because I bought from her and she did the favors for my shower. They were great and everyone did love them. So why would I not be allowed to share that.
    Thank You
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_purse-holders-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:9d8124ba-9925-48aa-8830-d773df9032fbPost:db561ec6-2c93-491a-be94-3fbb3b50ac04">Re: purse holders for the ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]To Faye: Why dont you get your facts straight , Im NOT a vendor. i do know the seller of the site but that is because I bought from her and she did the favors for my shower. They were great and everyone did love them. So why would I not be allowed to share that. Thank You
    Posted by roro1115[/QUOTE]

Well, you're still spamming the boards and advertising for your 'friend'.  Which is still against TK terms of service.  And, yes, that's a FACT.

ETA:  And you might want to get your story straight.  Here you say that you know the seller because she did them for your shower, which is consistent with some of your previous posts, but others say that you saw them at a friend's wedding recently. On the 4th you were posting that everyone loved them at your shower, but on the 6th you were posting asking what people thought because you were CONSIDERING using them and you made no mention of having had any previous experience with them.

Please pick a lie and stick with it, since anyone who wants to can read through your post history.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards