Favors

favor stumped

I originally wanted to have a photobooth for our guests to use as favors, but now I can't bring myself to pay $700 just for that. Next, I thought beer koozies?But after reading reviews on here, blah.So here's what I was thinking...imput please.. It's a southern wedding in alabama on top of a mountain..Maybe mini pecan pies?Or something edible?HELP!

Re: favor stumped

• You don't have to give favors if you're not passionate about them.

If you are insistent on a favor, something edible is best. The mini pecan pies sound cute, but I'm not sure how/when I'd eat it, considering it probably requires using a fork... or if I'd even want to carry it home.

Could you do 2-3 pecan pie bites for each guest in a little box? (just Google the recipe...)

When all else fails, chocolates or cupcakes/cookies are always a big hit. Bonus points if they're from a local bakery...
  • I think mini pecan pies (that can be eaten in a bite or two without a fork) sounds like an awesome idea:-)   Edible is best.  I agree with itzMS that something locally made or that represents the local area is always fun (like saltwater taffy for a beach wedding).    
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-stumped?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a3485055-cff0-450e-b54d-0d89a3a8b5fdPost:76584df0-4882-4c7a-bc4a-81eaf25ca4a3">favor stumped</a>:
    [QUOTE]I originally wanted to have a photobooth for our guests to use as favors, but now I can't bring myself to pay $700 just for that. Next, I thought beer koozies?But after reading reviews on here, blah.So here's what I was thinking...imput please.. It's a southern wedding in alabama on top of a mountain..Maybe mini pecan pies?Or something edible?HELP!
    Posted by banesk[/QUOTE]

We did beer koozies for our wedding - all of our friends and family are big beer drinkers (or soda!). I figured that whoever wanted one could take one and we would keep the leftovers. We have friends and family that have boats, so they're always useful there - we just take a few with us when we go. They weren't elaborate, I just printed them with "Something old, something new, something from us to hold your brew" - a lot of people loved them and ended up taking handfuls of them home!

But if you can't figure out what to do as a favor, then don't do anything. You'll save your money and the guests won't really miss them. As long as you're feeding them,"'watering" them and letting them party the night away, they'll be fine.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • I think your thought of something edible and something local/Southern is good.  Mini pecan pies would be really cute boxed up and tied with ribbon in your colors.  Other options might include pecan shortbread cookies, praline pecans or pecan pie jelly: found some at a craft fair made by a local jam/jelly/chutney company.  It's basically pecan pie filling (including some nuts) in a jar -- really good over cream cheese as a sweet appetizer served with buttery crackers.
  • I would love a mini pecan pie favor! Yum! You could package them in cute boxes as well. I also love the idea from PP for pecan sandie cookies, my grandmas favorite! I know if any of my family were invited to your wedding and received either of those as favors, we would be in heaven!
  • Gourmet nuts are always nice! Like Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds or Chipotle Roasted Peanuts or Cashews. This Etsy shop sells 4oz and 2oz gold tins of them by request (and their prices are VERY reasonable). Check 'em out! :)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CloudyCity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards