Favors
Options

Favor Help, please and thank you!

My fiance and I are really eco-friendly and are playing with the idea of making heart shaped plantable favors. Is that not enough for favors? Does it need to be something more? Am I looking too far into it?

Re: Favor Help, please and thank you!

• Options
    You definitely don't need to have any favors at all.

The plantable favors are cute, but they aren't practical for a lot of guests. For example, those who live in apartments or those who don't garden.

Personally, I'd leave it behind as I wouldn't be able to plant it.
  • Options
    Ditto the previous post.  It is a nice, eco-friendly idea, but I would leave it behind.  I don't garden and any plant I've had has been seen as fair game by my cats for snacks.  My nephew's wife gave out litle cards embedded with daisy seeds at her shower - all the aunts chucked them because we have no need for a 3" plot of daisies in our yard.

I think it would just fine to skip the favors all together.
  • Options
    Cute idea, but I would leave them behind. I don't garden, so this would not appeal to me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ditto PPs, I would leave this behind or toss it when I got home.

Favors aren't required at all, so just skip them.  Put that money towards upgrading the meal or the bar, something which is far more appreciated by the guests.
  • Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. We were super stressing the favors. If we do decide to do a favor we will look at something more people would be inclined to. 
  • Options
    My cousin did these for her wedding in August.  I did bring ours home and am looking forward to planting them in the spring.  They are wildflowers supposedly.  
  • Options
    aw! my cousin-in-law did this when she threw my shower for me.

she gave everyone a little flowerpot filled with hershey kisses, and then stuck in 2-3 "stems" with heart shaped packages on top that had 3-5 seeds.  anyone could plant these as indoor plants!  i havent done mine yet since we moved houses and everything.... but it IS a cute idea.

• Options
    My fiance and I are leaning towards a small variety of edible favors. I think back to all of the weddings that I have attended, and I can't recall keeping any of the favors for more than a week, so I figured my guests probably wouldn't either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards