Favors

mason jar recipes

Hi! So I've been going back and forth about what to do for favors and it's driving me crazy! However I think I've found something I really love but I need some input from you guys :)

I really love the idea of the recipes in mason jars, and it fits perfectly with our wedding since I love to cook and it's simple. Do you think I should have a variety of recipes or just 1 in everyone's?  Any favorites that you think would be great?

Thanks! :)
TTC since December '11 -- stopped BC
No cycle for 3 months
Diagnosed PCOS/anovulatory in March '12 and started Clomid 100 mg
2 cycles of Clomid 100 mg - nothing
1 cycle of Clomid 150 mg - nothing but thinned lining
1 cycle of Femara - nothing
Started Gonal-F + Ovidrel + TI 6/28/12 -- BFN
Started Follistim + Ovidrel + TI 8/1/12 -- Fingers crossed

Re: mason jar recipes

• allisonkbyeallisonkbye member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am curious to see what the responses to this are bc I was thinking of doing something similar. I'm having an October wedding and wanted to do something fall themed. Thought about making home made apple butter or an apple pie drink reciple. The apple pie drink recipe you can google to find recipe  but you make it with apple juice, apple cider and vodka (vanilla is super good) then put a cinnamon stick in each jar. like an alternative to the traditional wedding champagne/wine favor. 

if you are leaving them on the tables i would have just one option or if you had them all on a table i dont see what it would hurt having a couple options. 
  • salsamcgsalsamcg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are leaving them on the recipe. I like the apple pie drink recipe but it's not really a choice since alcohol isn't an option, but thanks for the suggestion!
    TTC since December '11 -- stopped BC
    No cycle for 3 months
    Diagnosed PCOS/anovulatory in March '12 and started Clomid 100 mg
    2 cycles of Clomid 100 mg - nothing
    1 cycle of Clomid 150 mg - nothing but thinned lining
    1 cycle of Femara - nothing
    Started Gonal-F + Ovidrel + TI 6/28/12 -- BFN
    Started Follistim + Ovidrel + TI 8/1/12 -- Fingers crossed
  • edited December 2011
    I think the it sounds like a great idea.  I was originally thinking of buying jars of jam or something, but I really like this idea.

I would do a variety of recipes.  Instead of putting them on the individual tables, I would have a table set up where guests can choose which one they want.  That way the raisin-hater doesn't get stuck with oatmeal raisin cookies.

I think there are also non-cookie recipes.  You could do a variety of cookies, brownies, soups, or whatever.
  • edited December 2011
    How big are you thinking? Alton Brown has a really good cocoa mix recipe that I made for Christmas presents a couple years ago. It was pretty simple to make a huge batch and divide it up between a bunch of small jars (I think I used pint jars).

Last Christmas I got more ambitious and did my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe in a jar (I didn't layer it though, just mixed all the dry ingredients together, so it wasn't as pretty as in pictures). It turned out well, at least people have told me they've made and liked the cookies, but ugh, I only did 13 and it felt like it took forever. When I got into a good rhythm I could do 4 jars in an hour, but I kind of waited until the last minute and was doing it on weeknights after work, so it took a few days. I didn't feel confident making a huge batch and dividing it up equally between the jars, because I didn't trust that each jar would get exactly the right amount of each ingredient. So I just kept mixing together the dry ingredients, one batch at a time, and putting them in jars. It got a bit tedious.

It's a cute idea if you have the time and patience, and I think people would appreciate the homemade touch.
  • Kristind813Kristind813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's what we're doing!  I found a recipe on greenweddingshoes.com for apple pies in mason jars which goes perfectly with our November wedding.  I thought about making several different recipes but that's a lot of work
  • edited December 2011
    I found this website for ideas for mine.  I am planning our wedding and trying to find a use for mason jars throughout the wedding.

http://doit101.com/Foodrink/Jar%20Recipes/Jarrecipes.html
  • MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep it simple.  And know you'll be spending more than a few dollars per favor if you go this way.
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards