Favors

need help! favors per person or per couple?

we are doing bottles of wine for our favors...do we buy to accomodate each person or each couple? id rather buy too much than too little. what do you all think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: need help! favors per person or per couple?

• edited December 2011
    I would say per couple is fine. But this is another one that the girls around here differ on.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One per couple.  I did mini-champagne bottles and I did one per couple (it held 2 glasses).  I don't need a whole bottle of wine to myself if I'm a guest--I'd rather share it with my husband.
  • mikaelajeanmikaelajean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you! do you think i need to make a little sign or something that says one per couple, and if so how would i word that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One per couple.

How are the favors going to be distributed?  It would be nice to have them personalized if you're going to make tags.
  • mikaelajeanmikaelajean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im going to make tags i just have no idea how to go about it or what to write. i dont want to just write 'thank you', id love to make it more personal. have any ideas on what to write? im totally clueless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i'd go with one per couple....if it was anything else i'd do one per person
    Anniversary
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just put mine on the table at the settings.  I assigned tables so if I had a table with 5 couples at it, I put 5 bottles at the table.  If I had a table with 4 couples and 2 singles, I put 6 bottles on the table.  People got the idea.

Mine just said "Thank you for celebrating with us" with our names and the date on the label.  On the hang tag, it just said "Thank you" and on the other side, I had a little note to "Please wait until you are safely home before opening." since our venue wouldn't allow the bottles to be opened there.  You'll want to check with your venue about their rules.

• edited December 2011
    I also want to have a personalized thank you note...I thought I would have a poem that says  . . .Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.  Thank you for sharing in our special day!  We made our own casual invitations and added "you work, you play and then one day, love happens".  So this works into our theme.
  • edited December 2011
    Def one per couple. Just put the couple's names on the tag. You could add a line of lyrics from a fav song? Maybe even a line from you first dance song.... or even somthing as simple as "Thank you for joining us
    on the day of our blessed union. "
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards