Favors
Options

Champagne flutes with candies??

What do you think about Champagne flutes that are etched (maybe just a design not with our monogram or wedding date) and a bag of nice candies in a nice bag ?  We were trying to come up with something kind of unique to us for our favors....we both LOVE champagne and everyone who is invited to our wedding knows this.  And we wanted something for those who might not drink (although I think everyone who is going to be invited does) so that is where the candies come in!  

I am also putting out a nice basket of flip flops for the ladies (and maybe some men) who want to dance without their heels!

So what do you think? yay? nay?  

Thanks!!

Re: Champagne flutes with candies??

• Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cute!  We are doing kinda the same thing but adding a small personailzed bottle of wine.  I say yay!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also big fans of champagne and I think its a great idea, and I would definitely take your favor.  In fact, I would probibly scope out any favors left on tables and take those too....
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is an item that will likely be left behind.  And IF they are taken home, they will end up in the trash or in thrift stores.  Though you may have a guest or two who is excited, the majority will not be.

As for the flip flops, read the note at the top of the forum.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why is the flip flop sticky-noted?  That is merely an opinion -- not a fact that is pertinent to every bride out there.

I, like several other girls on this board, love the idea of the flip flops!  It is a nice amenity available to guests who forgot to bring some comfy shoes along and i'd be thrilled to be able to grab a pair to take home with me!!  And if my size isnt available, no loss no gain.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say... I'm a flip flop snob and wouldn't take cheap flip flops home.

Also, champagne flutes break easily.  If I went to your wedding alone, I can't imagine a use for a single flute that didn't match the rest of my crystal.  If I was attending your wedding from OOT, I wouldn't be able to bring the flute home easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it. What are you filling it with? M&M's??
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did mini-bottles of champagne and they were a big hit.

The thing about the flutes is they will be have to be plastic/cheap to be affordable.  I already have nice flutes at home.  I would just do the candy--maybe take the money you would have spent on the flutes and do nicer candy, truffles in a box, etc.

I have never been to wedding with flip flops nor did I have them but I have always thought they were cute for weddings where there was a lot of dancing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies ladies!! I have actually had requests for a flip flop basket...it won't be as a favor, just a basket in the ladies room maybe to change into just to wear for thie night ( I wouldn't be offended if people didn't being them home!), the crowd we are having are big big dancers and everyone always ends up barefoot and usually a glass gets dropped on the dancefloor....so to prevent glass in feet I thought flip flops would be a good idea.  Everyone I've talked to so far who we are inviting thinks its awesome so were going to do it.
    Thanks for your opinions, we still have some time to think about it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love this as a favor, but as a PP said, unless you're using cheap plastic flutes, this is going to be way expensive.  I actually collect these kinds of glasses and prefer not to have them in sets, so I'd be perfectly happy with this as a guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_champagne-flutes-candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:b7b8487a-58b6-460f-b692-3f12e639d966Post:87343517-22f5-4771-96a0-54ea18a521fd">Re: Champagne flutes with candies??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is the flip flop sticky-noted?  That is merely an opinion -- not a fact that is pertinent to every bride out there. I, like several other girls on this board, love the idea of the flip flops!  It is a nice amenity available to guests who forgot to bring some comfy shoes along and i'd be thrilled to be able to grab a pair to take home with me!!  And if my size isnt available, no loss no gain.
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]

I completely AGREE.  that sticky note is so unbelievably obnoxious.  and narrow minded to boot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_champagne-flutes-candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b7b8487a-58b6-460f-b692-3f12e639d966Post:9c830590-dc55-4c68-83f3-cbc0cff7ed31">Re: Champagne flutes with candies??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champagne flutes with candies?? : I completely AGREE.  that sticky note is so unbelievably obnoxious.  and narrow minded to boot!
    Posted by reese511[/QUOTE]

Ditto this to the Nth degree.... 
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_champagne-flutes-candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b7b8487a-58b6-460f-b692-3f12e639d966Post:4d3bd4ff-841b-47ba-8edf-39f1e65f998d">Re: Champagne flutes with candies??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We did mini-bottles of champagne and they were a big hit</strong>. The thing about the flutes is they will be have to be plastic/cheap to be affordable.  I already have nice flutes at home.  I would just do the candy--maybe take the money you would have spent on the flutes and do nicer candy, truffles in a box, etc. I have never been to wedding with flip flops nor did I have them but I have always thought they were cute for weddings where there was a lot of dancing.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I would love this as a favor. I honestly wouldn't want a champagne flute. Maybe you could do some champagne-infused chocolates as faovors, or a mini bottle of champagne.

And I would love a flipflop basket at a wedding. I'm not sure why we didn't do one but I wish we did.

And yes, the flip-flop sticky thread is obnoxious.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_champagne-flutes-candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b7b8487a-58b6-460f-b692-3f12e639d966Post:21899780-4676-49ba-ac0e-e69e96ca2959">Re: Champagne flutes with candies??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champagne flutes with candies?? : Ditto this to the Nth degree.... 
    Posted by arv266[/QUOTE]

Completely agree!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_champagne-flutes-candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b7b8487a-58b6-460f-b692-3f12e639d966Post:e354ee5c-9dbe-4461-8a14-7c0f8febe035">Re: Champagne flutes with candies??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this is an item that will likely be left behind.  <strong>And IF they are taken home, they will end up in the trash or in thrift stores.</strong>  Though you may have a guest or two who is excited, the majority will not be. As for the flip flops, read the note at the top of the forum.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

This is purely speculation.... 
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as the etching does not have any reference to your wedding, I think the flutes are a good idea.  Also like the flip flops idea.  I was at a wedding in Boston in May and was given a pair of slippers from the hotel when a waiter noticed that I had kicked off my shoes.  I still have them.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards