Favors
Options

Turtle Favors?

My fiance has been really into turtles since he was little (we currently keep 12), and I'd love to incorporate some kind of turtle theme in our reception. So far, I've seen placecard holders and tea-light holders, but not much else.
  Any suggestions?

Re: Turtle Favors?

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the candy "turtles" that are chocolate covered pecans with caramel?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was the turtle candies....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      I thought about turtle candies as well, but while I was brainstorming last night I came up with a keeper - using photos of our turtles in the centerpieces, and naming the tables after them. Done :)
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the candy is perfect.  Please don't give any little turtle knick-knack.   I just can't imagine anyone wanting a turtle dust-catcher.

And remember, a little theme goes a long way.  What you have sounds fine, but I wouldn't overdo the turtle thing. 

Having said that, I did think that it would be subtle and cute to play "So Happy Together" by The Turtles as you enter your reception.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards