Favors
Options

Out of Town Gift Bags?? Help!

So it is traditional to give the out of town guests a gift bag. Usually you leave it with the hotel and they are given it when they check in. We have a bunch of out of towners coming down to our wedding in a month, many of them traveling 9 or so hours just for our big day!

Here is our problem:
The room block we reserved got messed up. Now our guests are scattered around the area at all different hotels. How can we get them all the bags? We don't know who is staying where, and we aren't sure how to find out that information.
Do we just skip the bags? Or do we try and hunt down our guests and drive to every hotel to drop off bags??

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Out of Town Gift Bags?? Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would skip the bags since everyone is scattered.  I had never even heard of doing this until joining TK.  When I travel, i know to bring my own aspirin and can manage to find snacks for myself, so I feel like they aren't really a necessity. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    jdboden73jdboden73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I would skip them.  I have no plans on doing them.  My out of town quests are all very capable people so I know they will be well supplied.  Plus they are all originally from the area so they will know where things are. It is a nice idea, just not something we feel is needed, nor is it in our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of our OOTs were at the hotel where the wedding was except for two which I delivered.  I would also skip them unless your OOTs are coming to the RD, then you could hand them out there.  There is no way I would have went all over town delivering them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally would not skip the bags.  Our bags were really important because we had an out of town wedding so people had maps, goodies, and invitation/ weekend event iteneraries in there for them.  All of our guests stayed at one hotel but it was massive and they were scattered.  Some were on the 26th floor, some were on the 2nd floor and we had American Idol filming there in the middle of the chaos.  The hotel would not deliver the bags unless we paid a fee for each delivery so my bridesmaids got a list of room numbers and hand delivered the bags to each room.  It's a pain in the butt, but your out of town guests will be expecting them. 
    If I were you, I would call the hotel you originally had the rooms blocked at and see if they have a master list and numbers of rooms reserved.  Ask what hotels they directed your guests to go to since the block was messed up.  Then i'd call, get a number of rooms and drop off bags the number of bags the day before.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards