July 2012 Weddings
Options

Mama drama

Anyone feeling stress from their moms??? My mom and I have never been close. At 21 I took legal custody of my 12yr brother. And without putting up a fight my mom gave it to me. She's always told me its my resposbility to raise him. 4 yrs later he back living with her and she still thinks I'm a ungrateful daughter. She has seen my wedding dress. I've asked her to come toy final dress fitting and she flat out said no. She said she couldnt take time off work to come. Which is fine but when I ask her to go on her day off, she was more interested in shoe shopping for the wedding then seeing me and my dress! Am I being a diva??!

Saturday is my Cambodian engagement party which from what I understand is like a wedding ceremony. FI parents asked if my mom could pick up some fruits for the blessing on saturday. She lives a block away from the store that carries all the exotic fruits we need. Where as FI's parents live 45 mins away and have lots to do.

My family has always been invited to all FI family events like christmas and thanksgiving. My family just really show up eat then leave. I'm just feel bad for my FI family letting me into their wonderful supportive family and my mom is just being kinda a selfish child.

Btw my mom thinks that because she's the mom of the bride that FI's family is obligated to do everything and pay for it all. She not happy that they never asked what she wanted for her daught in exchange!!! What am I a piece of merchandise??! Sorry to vent but goin to rip my hair out.

Re: Mama drama

• Options
    I'm sad to hear you're having issues with your mom. My mom has been nonexistent during my planning process. I'm ok with it though.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Wow! I don't even know what to say about your mom. I'm sooo sorry you're dealing with this!! Her behavior is absolutely unacceptable! My mother has been somewhat difficult during this process as well, so I understand your frustrations regarding what is supposed to be a happy time is not going it like it should. Seems like your mom thinks almost nothing of what a mother daughter relationship should be. Take care of yourself, do the same and don't let her hurt you. Thankfully your FI's family sounds amazing!! Embrace them and enjoy them. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    wow...your mom is a piece of work! i'm so sorry you have to deal with this...I know of some people who are in/will be in similar situations...They try their best to just brush past the drama...and if it is something worth arguing over then they voice their opinion...
  • Options
    Thanks for the support.  Thinking back if i got engaged 3 years ago I probably not have invited her.  Goes to show how much we don't get along.  I cut her out of my life for almost a year and that was a great year.  But I tried to build our relationship.  I guess I know that now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards