Favors

please help!

Hey guys!

Im a military bride who is already married and we are having our ceremony next year. im struggling for cheap edible favor ideas. its an outside wedding so chocolate is pretty much not possible. does anyone have any ideas? i dont want to skip favors but my husband thinks theyre unnecessary. any advice would be awesome!

thanks!

Re: please help!

• JaxInBlueJaxInBlue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    Favors are unnecessary.  If you don't have room for them in the budet, it's not a big deal.  If you do want to something, you could do a cookie or another baked good, a non-chocolate candy like mints, or could put together a mix of some sort - a spice rub, a cider or tea mix, etc.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:c161d18f-0cb7-421d-b1dd-7c585ee6943dPost:aafe4a0d-5788-47a7-b6a3-8e1916f1d290">Re: please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favors are unnecessary.  If you don't have room for them in the budet, it's not a big deal.  If you do want to something, you could do a cookie or another baked good, a non-chocolate candy like mints, or could put together a mix of some sort - a spice rub, a cider or tea mix, etc.
    Posted by JaclyneD[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this. The baked good, mints (easy!) or the mix. Perfect idea!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed that favors are unnecessary, but I like the idea of having something for people to enjoy or take home with them. You said it's an outside wedding - where? Do you have a theme? That might help spur some ideas.

I'm from KY but having the wedding in Indiana. So for our favors I think we're going to have Ale 8 One, a KY-made soft drink like ginger ale, and make custom wedding labels. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c161d18f-0cb7-421d-b1dd-7c585ee6943dPost:797fcf6d-617d-4dbf-84db-d54e42efa0c4">please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys!<strong> Im a military bride who is already married and we are having our ceremony next year</strong>. im struggling for cheap edible favor ideas. its an outside wedding so chocolate is pretty much not possible. does anyone have any ideas? i dont want to skip favors but my husband thinks theyre unnecessary. any advice would be awesome! thanks!
    Posted by alicialeanne[/QUOTE]

I'm confused.  If you're already married, how are you having another ceremony?  You mean a vow renewal? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c161d18f-0cb7-421d-b1dd-7c585ee6943dPost:797fcf6d-617d-4dbf-84db-d54e42efa0c4">please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! Im a military bride who is <strong>already married</strong> and we are having our <strong>ceremony next year</strong>. im struggling for cheap edible favor ideas. its an outside wedding so chocolate is pretty much not possible. does anyone have any ideas? i dont want to skip favors but my husband thinks theyre unnecessary. any advice would be awesome! thanks!
    Posted by alicialeanne[/QUOTE]

You are having a wedding re-do?  Favors are never necessary.they are doubly unnecessary for a PPD.
  • No, she just didn't have a wedding yet.
  • I like the idea of a rub or mix! thank you so much! we are having an outdoor wedding with a bird & tree theme. So it may be hard to match the favor exactly to the theme.

Joan & Cmgilpin, Yes we are technically married but are having a ceremony when my husband returns from Afghanistan. I know people have their opinions on this type of ceremony and that is fine but I do not care to hear them if they are negative. This is our wedding day and I am simply looking for favor advice.

Thank you all so much for the ideas! and if you come up with anymore I am welcoming them all! :) thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards