What are good favors? I wanna be different and unique

Any ideas?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary

Re: FAVORS

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer edible favors  like candy, cookies, cupcakes, etc.  I don't need any more candles, mini photo frames, photo coasters, or anything of that nature. 

Does your wedding have a theme?   If so, you could find something that would go along with your theme.

Is the local area known for any special kinds of food?  For example, a Vermond bride could to little bottles of maple syrup, a Key West bride could to key-lime cupcakes, a Hawaii bride could do macadamia cookies or candy, etc.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Edible is always appreciated compared to something that is "clutter".

Do you have a "theme" for your wedding?  We've seen summer brides do jelly or jam.  We've seen winter brides do cocoa.  SOme fall brides have done caramel popcorn or candied apples.  Many brides do shaped iced cookies that go with their "theme" (hearts for love). Some brides do the candy bar and let guests fill their little bags as their favors.

Of course, it's completely okay to skip the favors if the budget doesn't allow for them.  They're certainly not expected.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i dont have a theme ....  would giving them cups b tacky? .. ex the links below... 

along with cups give packets with the customize m&ms ? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Not tacky, but most likely an unnecessary expense.   I'm not big on clutter and getting something like that would just be one more thing in my "darn it cabinet".  You know, the cabinet that has everything spill out when you open it?  =-D   Plus, I already have a mug and water bottle that I use so I wouldn't need more.  If you're thinking of getting the cups personalized, don't.  No one wants something with your name and wedding date on it.   If I were you, I would just stick to the M&Ms.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really care for them. Besides, what would you personalize them with?

I agree w/ Mrs. B. Stick with something edible, or no favors at all. I didn't do favors. No one cared.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fealldagalfealldagal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can check out http://www.dreamfavors.com you can find great coasters, candles and many more great items.  You can also get 5% off coupon code 5off

They have some beautiful items.

• Options
    NeedFavorsNeedFavors member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite are the practical wedding favors (think edible). Some even double as place cards or tell the guest which table they are sitting at.

I've put together a blog of my favorites at:

http://www.needweddingfavors.com

Enjoy!
    Need Wedding Favor Ideas? http://www.needweddingfavors.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edible Edible Edible!! :)  FI and I lived in Alaska for a while so we are incorporating our time in Alaska into the wedding. I bought cookie cutters that are a bear, salmon, and moose.  So I will be making cookies, putting them in a clear baggie, and adding some ribbon with a little thank you attached :)  I can't tell you how many times I have left a wedding and left the favor behind! GL
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    luckypenny2luckypenny2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Printed cookies or custom petit fours are always a hit! www.petitienne.com customizes them and they look great and taste good too. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna be a little anti social here.. I'm not a big fan of edible favor as I think that people wont remember your weddings with edible favors. I think that favors are meant to be given out to guests as a token of thank you and to let them remember your special day. Here are some links of practical favors that I would go for - Bookmarks  , Bottle OpenersBottle StoppersCoastersLuggage Tags, and other Practical Favors . What's the theme of your wedding tho?? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards