Favors

French macarons or cake pops?

We've narrowed our favors down to two choices.

We can do bagged french macarons that would come two (or four) to a package and made in two shades of purple.

The other option is cake pops designed as bride and groom.  They would be wrapped and have a purple bow.

I love both so I am having a hard time deciding.  Any advice?

Re: French macarons or cake pops?

• I vote macarons.  I think cake pops tend to be too sweet...and this is coming from someone who never turns down dessert.
  • I'm doing macaroons because they are gluten free and a nice alternative to our cake.  We're not having a sweet table, so I figured it was a good way for people who don't want cake (or don't like chocolate... yes those people exist!) to get something sweet.
  • I vote macarons. If your having wedding cake then it would be nice to have something a bit different for your favors, plus in my opinion cake pops are kind of overdone.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • I am not shredded cocoanut fan so i vote cake/brownie pop :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Where are you getting your macarons and cost? I was thinking of doing this DIY but I think that would be a huge flop and hassle.
  • If I see one more cake pop I think I might go nuts. So I vote the macaroons!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_french-macarons-or-cake-pops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c26c21e0-d690-4649-94b2-deecf8b646c4Post:001bc300-5a51-4e92-9f9b-2700caa75086">Re: French macarons or cake pops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not shredded cocoanut fan so i vote cake/brownie pop :)
    Posted by EastSideBlonde[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Macaroons, OP is talking about French Macarons. There's no coconut in French Macarons :-)

I vote for the Macarons! They're gorgeous & delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, macarons are a wonderful idea! I wish I had a local place to get some for my reception!
  • Macarons!!!!!! Cake pops are so..... Seven year old birthday and macarons say French classic mature even romantic. Yes i love macarons!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_french-macarons-or-cake-pops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c26c21e0-d690-4649-94b2-deecf8b646c4Post:a46fb955-45e2-47f9-affc-93510b3225c1">Re:French macarons or cake pops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you getting your macarons and cost? I was thinking of doing this DIY but I think that would be a huge flop and hassle.
    Posted by TheSlowskys[/QUOTE]

Macarons are usually around $1.75 to $2.50 or up to $6 for packs of 2-3.
    I've heard they are difficult to DIY but would be a fun taste testing project regardless
  • macaroons definitely! Nice alternative to cake if guests choose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've always kind of skeeved cake pops ... too much hands-in-the-food for me, I think. I think that macarons are classy and elegant and would be a nice touch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards