Favors

What are you using for your favors?

I have been looking everywhere to try to find a favor that I think is really creative. It doesn't have to be unique but I want something other than candy in a bag or candy in a box. I think it would be really cool to go a wedding and have my favor be something that made me go "Wow", or,"That was really cool!".

I have seen tons of ideas and different things, but I want to know what other people are doing.

So.. what are your favors going to be?

Thank you for your replies!!Laughing

Re: What are you using for your favors?

• edited December 2011
    If you find something let me know cause I have no idea...

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did a candy buffet and mini-champagne bottles.  Nothing special maybe but it was really cute, made for some great decor, and everyone loved it.

A girl on my local board just did a gelato cart.  I sooo wish I had done that.  Yeah, you can't take it home but I still thought it was really neat.  Photobooths are also really popular where I live.

• AKSGRLAKSGRL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may change but we're deciding on buying mini tin cans and quality green tea in bulk. We're going to package them in small satchels and put them in tin cans. Depending how crafty I become, thinking of putting our wedding logo or something meaningful.
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have awhile to go, but I'm pretty sure of what my favors will be. My future last name has led to my fiance having the nickname Bear. Everyone calls him bear, and his friends jokingly call me "Momma bear." We decided that for place cards/favors we are going to get small teddy bears with a ribbon and gift tag attached. The gift tag will have the guest's name and seat on it. Most will get the reference the my bear, and I figure tbere are plenty of places to donate teddy bears if people don't take them home!
  • edited December 2011
    We bought little apothecary jars for each person.  SInce we are having a fall wedding, my mom has a recipe for a spiced cider that she made when I was young.  We are going to fill the little jars with the mix, and tie a bow and instructions around them in the colors that match our fall theme.  Overall cost for 150 is roughly about 200.00 including ribbons, all the stuff for mix and labels.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Not doing anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having mini lanterns. My mom found them at a wholesaler in Lancaster,PA but I see them similar in white or silver all over on the internet. We got the battery operated candles from ebay and we're putting them in there. Then for the handles we got berry vines & we are wrapping them around the handle along with a personalized ribbon tied on in a bow. Also inside the the lantern we are wrapping up either candy corn or candy pumpkins.  Some of our guests  have seen the lanterns already & LOVE them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ice cream trucks are really a sweet and fun treat.  They stock the  truck with popsicles and ice cream from childhood.  I would have loved to have done that.  I think my next big party - that's exactly what I'm going to do!
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_using-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:c4edb92e-3916-4fb7-b3eb-bcfbeb47498fPost:e4df9783-b63a-467b-b151-f7f3d5603b47">Re: What are you using for your favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It may change but we're deciding on buying mini tin cans and quality green tea in bulk. We're going to package them in small satchels and put them in tin cans. Depending how crafty I become, thinking of putting our wedding logo or something meaningful.
    Posted by AKSGRL[/QUOTE]

Not everyone likes green tea.  And don't say "but if they don't want it they can give it away".  No one wants to be that person who totes home 15 cans because no one else wanted it. 

As for the teddy bears, yes, people can give away the teddy bear, but they likely wont. It will likely end up in the trash.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personlized fortune cookies.

lotto scatch offs with label "Lucky in Love" and personalized penny
  • edited December 2011
    For my ceremony i had laid a yellow scented rose on each chair

for the reception i had a candy station with 14 different candy choices
    and then on each chair i put gift bags filled with
    mini bottles of wine
    personalized hershey bars
    wedding mints
    and a little thank you note
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were having a destination wedding at a beach and 95% our our guests are from OOT and havent been to this beach before...so our favors are small glass jars filled partially w/ sand (from where we'll get married not store bought) and seashells so everyone can take a piece of the beach home them
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We dipped pretzel rods in chocolate.  Each guest got two pretzel rods:  one dipped in white chocolate and rolled in crushed oreos and one dipped in milk chocolate and rolled in chocolate sprinkles.

They seemed to go over pretty well because there weren't any left behind after the reception.
  • bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    organza bags with wrapped candy inside...sweet and simple.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

A full bottle of wine (the bottle is blue and the labels just came in today...I hope its easy to tear off the old and replace with mine!!) and a wine corker and wine stopper. 

• melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've got a few little things going on.

One - The photo booth.  Our photographer is setting up a section during two hours of the reception to take professional shots of the guests in any groupings they want.  We have a full set of props to go with the "theme," (yeah, we're a theme reception and like it that way!) including lifesize cut outs of Marilyn Monroe and James Dean and a mini Oscar statue. Naturally, no one has to use any props, but they are there as an option.  Everything will be hosted in an online album and everyone who wants one will have a nice photograph of themselves.

Two - A late night cookie buffet complete with cookies, fudge, buckeyes, coffee, and tea.  Bags will be available to take treats home if they so desire.

Three - Hollywood themed 'scavenger hunt' for anyone interested, with prizes at the end.  It's very low key and far more tolerable than it sounds.  Sadly, it loses a lot when trying to describe it. 

Four - A black paper cone, done in heavy card stock,  filled with half a dozen individually wrapped Godiva chocolates in a variety of flavors (truffle, caramel, dark, white, things like that).  The cone will be laying on top of a thank you card for each guest that just has a couple of handwritten lines in it thanking them for attending the wedding and helping us celebrate.
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted to give something permanent that our guests will keep and hopefully use. We found cute little glass vases that are hand painted in different colours by an artist in the town that FI is from. They have a little slot in them where you could put a business card or a photo. We also wanted to give a donation to the Alzheimer's Society in honour of a close family friend, so we printed our "thank you" cards with a note about the donation and put the cards in the slots on the vases, boxed them up and tied with a ribbon. Artist gave us a great deal on vases ($5 each, down from $10!), and we are giving out one/couple (hence the name tag on the box).

• edited December 2011
    Ohhh, those vases are so pretty!  And very unique!
  • edited December 2011
    We have a friend who makes decorated sugar cookies that are TO DIE for.  She made bags with 2 in each, various flavors.  People were eating them at the reception.  There were none left (which made me sad cause I didn't get any!!!!)  She decorated them with a celtic knot...a recurring theme.   That's her menu card next to it.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing Candy Apples, which fits into our fall theme.
  • lovbulldgslovbulldgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We gave out individual boxed up cupcakes as our favor but we also had a candy buffet and an ice cream truck as part of our desserts. 
  • edited December 2011
    An excellent wedding favor: sandals. All the ladies loved them when they started getting tired from the shoes and dancing. http://www.partyflops.com Lots of colors and designs loved them  
  • edited December 2011
    coozies! 
  • misunbridalmisunbridal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had cute wine stoppers at each seat as a gift to guests. Each had a gift tag and was signed by the couple and thanked the guest for sharing in their big day. I thought it was a cute gift, and useful too!

They also took a "honeymoon" gift donation near the end of the wedding. I suggest mentioning it before everyone starts to eat, that way people would get to give an extra little something before the crowd starts to go home. I left before I heard of this, and my parents told me about it. Had they done it earlier, I would have loved to give them something for their honeymoon :(

Myshops:

www.misunbridal.etsy.com
    Affordable couture, hand made to order.

www.alluringcouture.etsy.com
    exquisite artistic creations for brides, handmade to order.
  • psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 things:

1) Limited Edition Lindt Truffles that come out in the winter - LOVE THEM. (they're in a blue wrapper and the truffle is white - coincidentally some of my colors! haha)  Putting them in a silver box  (which will also serve purpose for #2)

2) The place card holders also double as favors.  They're little glass ornaments and I think they're ADORABLE!  (My wedding is NYE, hence the wintry-ness)

*12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We did pretzel rods dipped in chocolate in our wedding colors. They were a huge hit.  We actually had set out about  10 extra sets, and even those were gone at the end of the night.  We also had the traditional Pittsburgh cookie table with take home boxes-another big hit.
  • popsiclepuddepopsiclepudde member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had several diy ideas that didn't work out quite right, but I'm happy with the end result. I bought a yard of several different calico prints on sale, my sis and I sewed them up into little pouches, and we're filling half with wildflower seeds and half with a spice mix for spiced cider. People can take their pick. They're tied with twine and a little tag with directions on one side, and our adorable thank you stamp on the other. :) They've taken a little bit of time but I have a lot of hands helping so it's been fun making them. They are going to look sooooo cute and haven't cost me much!
  • MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CA2MT4EveR is right. not everyone likes Green tea. Also as a side know I am not able to drink Green Tea due to it's interactions w/my medications. You never know what medications someone is on for whatever reason & certain things such as green tea (which is a common one) interacts with the medication & makes the medication inactive
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the photo booth! They are allowing us to design our own "label/monogram" for at the bottom! I am super excited for this - everyone we tell about it thinks it is super cool and they are excited too!

I am also thinking about small things such as golf tees (our reception is on a golf course, and my FI loves to golf!). Salads/Slippers for the girls when they get tired of wearing their shoes (was at a wedding where they had this and it was amazing!).

Everyone has such fun ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards