We're doing little bottles of New Hampshire maple syrup
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited December 2011

We are having an outdoor wedding so doing the folding hand fans for the ceremony and then the pretzel rods dipped in chocolate for the tables at the reception.  My question, do I need to get a hand fan for every person on the guest list?   I dont expect all 75 people will use one, but dont want to come up short.

• mrstfuturemrstfuture member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing little boxes of Hershey kisses and hugs with a tag that reads "Hugs and Kisses from the Mr. & Mrs."  and hand decorated cookies.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not doing favors. No one ever remembers them and most of the time they forget to take them with them anyway. I have nothing that I'm just dying to give to 180 people. There's no rule that you have to give favors, so if you can't think of anything then just don't do favors. You're already paying for them to eat, drink, and dance I don't think anyone is going to leave thinking "How rude! They spent $70 a plate for dinner and didn't give me a small cardboard box of candy that perfectly matched their color scheme!"
  • MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do favors.  We chose not to do them because we figured they would be a waste of money.  We had nuts and chocolates on our tables for our guests to snack on, but I would hardly call that "favors".  If anyone had anything to say about it, that's their problem.  But I am the one who has had tons of junk from weddings that I took home, allowed to collect dust, and threw away after a couple of years because of the guilt I felt for throwing it away.  I always wondered what my friends would think if they came over and didn't see their favors somewhere.

I do think people put too much thought into this.  A donation is not a favor.  FlipFlops are not a favor.  Water bottles are not favors.  CD's are not for everyone.  Koozies are only useful for those who will be drinking from a can or bottle at the wedding.  I agree with edible, though as previously stated, this is hardly a favor.
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
  • EHams11EHams11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a candy bar and a photo booth (free 4X6" photo for each guest), but those aren't our favors.  My fiance and my mom are both artists, so we're doing (ok, they're doing) handpainted 4x6" canvases to go at each place setting.  A little time consuming, but we like the idea of creatively handmade and not your usual favor :)
  • edited December 2011
    WE ARE GIVING MINI PATRON TEQUILA BOTTLES AND WE ARE GOING TO PERSONALIZE STICKERS TO GO VOER THE BACK LABEL
  • edited December 2011
    I'm at a loss....

We are having a heart themed wedding.  Red and ivory.  I've narrowed it down to metal heart bookmarks (I'm finishing my English BS to be a teacher) and then possibly small frames with hearts that will double as table assignments.
  • topcatiomtopcatiom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about having one of those old fashioned popcorn carts and have the boxes made up with your theme or monogram or a little saying? this is on my list of possibles; although i dont think they could keep it (might get a bit greasy i dont know!)
  • edited December 2011
    I am giving everyone a tree sapling from Evergreen Memories. this way everyone can have something that will last years and continue to grow. for  $1.95 you get the trees material and ribbon do do it yourself, of you can pay a little more to have all the bows tied on for you. the best part is 100 more trees in the world.

• topcatiomtopcatiom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that' a great idea!
  • edited December 2011
    My DH's family does English crackers every year for Christmas, so we incorporated them into our wedding celebration as favors.  We bought the crackers with just the paper crown and joke in them, and put our own personalized candy in them and tied them up.  Instructions on how to open them and make them pop were on the backside of the menu.  I think everyone really had a ton of fun with them, and it was something other than a box or bag, etc. to put the candy in.  Plus, the pictures of everyone in their crowns are incredible.  We also made coloring books and provided crayons for our younger guests (DIY).

Here is the site I ordered from, if anyone is interested:  http://www.oldenglishcrackers.com/

And here are a couple of pictures from our wedding that had to do with the favors:

The template for the coloring book can be found in my planning bio available to download, if anyone is interested.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards