Favors
Options

Your thoughts on my favor idea....

Ok so the immediate idea that came to mind when I thought of favors was a gumball machine with a tag attached to tell the story of why the favors were chosen. (The joke behind the favors is that my FH finally got a ring out of the gumball machine and didn't know what else to do with it !)

I'm not sure if I'm just stuck on the idea now or if it's a good one?!

Your thoughts would be much appreciated!
TIA

Re: Your thoughts on my favor idea....

• Options
    RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea! Very creative!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute but that favor would probably be trashed after the wedding since I wouldn't have any place to put it in my home.  If you find that the gumball machines are too expensive you could do one on the guestbook table with the note explaining why it's there.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NeedFavorsNeedFavors member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking you meant one big gumball machine with favors (gumballs or candy) in it as the favors until I read jagore's post.

I like the idea of a big gumball machine with favors in it and then you can put cute wedding favor boxes, bags or small basket so that guest can fill them to take home.
    Need Wedding Favor Ideas? http://www.needweddingfavors.com
  • Options
    Mo2T&OMo2T&O member
    edited December 2011
    I think its cute to tie in the gum ball machine but I agree that they might be too expensive and will probably be trashed. Maybe you could find a bakery to make gumball machince shaped cookies like these?

I'm a big fan of edible favors...hard to go wrong with a cookie : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_thoughts-favor-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:cb6873cf-8b9d-4ffe-a861-082209c5d838Post:3fbce458-4c45-4faf-bd86-94e66a180f6e">Re: Your thoughts on my favor idea....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's cute but that favor would probably be trashed after the wedding since I wouldn't have any place to put it in my home.  If you find that the gumball machines are too expensive you could do one on the guestbook table with the note explaining why it's there.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]<div>i agree</div><div>i think i would rather invest in one big one than a bunch of little ones.  

</div>
  • Options
    nlindsay17nlindsay17 member
    edited December 2011
    I love the cookie idea! I really don't see people taking gumballs from a large machine at a wedding. Would you really want all that gum being chewed and left who knows where?
  • Options
    73jewels73jewels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cute if it was a big gumball machine but instead of messy gum (as PP mentioned), there were individual little prizes in there
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cute to put a few gumballs and a cheap ring in cello bags along with a tag explaining the gag.  Then get a big gumball machine, and display the cello bags around it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards