Favors

Cake Pops as Wedding Favors BUT on a budget....

Hello Ladies! So i need help on these wedding favors, I am choosing to do Cake pops decorated as a bride and groom for my guests.. but im having an issue on spending $800 for favors! Is there anywhere in Sacramento or surrounding areas that can fit my budget of $500 to make them?? I really really love them and cant think of anything else and im getting discouraged now, im willing to take other suggestions for edible favors BESIDES cookies.. PLEASE HELP... Thanks ladies! =)

Re: Cake Pops as Wedding Favors BUT on a budget....

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the Sacramento board located on the left under Local Wedding Boards.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Cake pops are fairly simple to make and will keep for a week or more in my experience.  Let me know if you need more info and I'll try to get you started.  Maybe you could do a few trial runs and see if you can make them yourself.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I wanted cake balls--but they were too expensive.  Truffles are always nice too.  I ended up doing a candy buffet and mini-champagne bottles.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you open to cake pops that aren't decorated as bride & groom?  You could make spherical ones pretty easily yourself: 

http://reciperhapsody.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/cake-pops-2/

If you wanted a more wedding-theme you could maybe piping-ice them with tuxedos and wedding dresses or something?

http://luxuriousweddingfavors.blogspot.com/2010/03/bride-groom-brownie-pop-1-favorite.html
  • edited December 2011
    you can bulk order them from starbucks, you cant get them customized tho but there still beatiful and deliciouse.

I had them do an estimate for me for an order of 100 and it was around $150
  • Ladies,

After reading many of the comments on cakepops for favors I felt I needed to comment. I do all things cakepops; wedding cakes and favors.

I realize many cakepoppers charge a huge amount for the bride and groom and other designs, I have found some of the real expensive ones may not have much experience with large quantity and you are paying for the labor.  $800. for favors is insane, however paying less than 1.50 per bride and groom will not get you beautiful cakepops. I have found that most cakepops along the East Coast go from 2.00 to 2.75 in some instances very personalized ones go for $3.00

I am impressed that Starbucks is willing to take special orders. I am not a fan of how Starbucks cakepops taste though.

I hope you consider checking out my business. I am always willing to chat about your budget and collaborate with you on favors that will add to your event.

Mercedes from Customcakebites.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards