Favors
Options

Candies?

for those of you who used or plan on using candy as your favor....what candies did or will you use??

THX!

Re: Candies?

• Options
    SnufflyfluffySnufflyfluffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 2 colors of  M&M's, but it is not the only thing I am having.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a candy buffet with 14 dif candies i used

jordan almonds,mm's,gum balls,twizzlers,sixlets,tootsie rolls,lemon heads,licorice bites,jelly beans,fruit slices,salt water taffy,gummy bears,sweettarts,lollipops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what exactly are sixlets??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cookies :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:dc849883-b38b-4b4b-975d-ba1eaa5854c0Post:699d6e67-a804-44cf-a2a9-3d3cf2873344">Re: Candies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what exactly are sixlets??
    Posted by 1DestinationBride[/QUOTE]

really small round Chocolate coated candies,
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy bar and did:  M&Ms, jelly beans, jordan almonds, yogurt covered pretzels, champagne bubbles, french mints and personalized mini Hershey bars.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:dc849883-b38b-4b4b-975d-ba1eaa5854c0Post:93729933-8d03-42c9-bcf7-dabf396d067b">Re: Candies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Candies? : really small round Chocolate coated candies,
    Posted by Jenni83[/QUOTE]

so like milk chocolate m&m's !?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing regular and pretzel m&m's in a bag, hersheys kisses, and a baggie of jordan almonds.
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
  • Options
    lallen32683lallen32683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy buffet with: Kisses, M&M's, lollipops, gummy cola bottles, gummy worms, ring pops, candy necklaces, twizzlers, and Junior mints!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:dc849883-b38b-4b4b-975d-ba1eaa5854c0Post:a20cbec9-103e-4e9d-acea-fff247bf10ee">Re: Candies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Candies? : so like milk chocolate m&m's !?!?
    Posted by 1DestinationBride[/QUOTE]

thats kind of what they are,they just taste a little different.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm making hazelnut and orange truffles, which I'll box in pairs and put with the place settings.  We're also going to have a candy buffet with at least 7 kinds of candy: suckers, candy sticks, m&ms, Reese's pieces, Skittles, chocolate covered some-kind-of-nut, Jolly Ranchers, gummy bears, maybe sno-caps.  I want to keep the individual pieces fairly uniform in size except for the suckers and candy sticks.

• Options
    byoung0520byoung0520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought bulk jelly belly jelly beans from BJ's and bought these really cute glass jars(they're almost like a yankee candle jar but minature sized) from christmas tree shops which happened to be like 2 for a 1.00.  That was super cheap for what most of the wedding online stores or craft stores were offering.  So, I'm filling them all up with the jelly belly's and then covering the top with small fabric tied with twine that will have our favor tag hanging with our monogram and dates.  The fabrics all tie back to the colors in our wedding and the small bird seed pouches that I made from the same prints.  Pics are in my bio.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having chocolate electric guitars and laptops. My fiance plays and everyone knows me as being a Internet junkie.
    ~*~11.11.11, i'm marrying my best friend~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards