Favors

Favors

I want to know if you are supposed to give 1 favor per guest or 1 per person?

Re: Favors

• I am giving one per adult guest (over the age of 18). Anyone under the age of 18 can enjoy the candy buffet. I'll also have votives on the table as decorations that people can take home (I am buying enough votives (1 for each couple/family).

I know people say that their guests tend to leave favors behind. But in FI's family, they take favors, centerpieces and pretty much anything thay can take home from weddings, baby showers, etc. So I want to make sure to have enough. When sil got married 11 years ago, she didn't have enough favors for everyone at her wedding and that bothered me since I was one of the many guests that didn't get to take a keepsake home (silver napkin holders engraved with he wedding date). 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:de494099-efa0-45b0-b92d-e00a8e6595a5Post:4ba50df5-3757-4ede-9f48-851958df22ee">Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to know if you are supposed to give 1 favor per guest or 1 per person?
    Posted by Borycki[/QUOTE]

<div>Uh, one guest IS one person.</div><div>
    </div><div>It depends on what your favor is.  If it's edible, then I would make sure there is one for every person in attendance (and a few extras).  If it's something like a bottle of wine, then I think you can get away with one per couple/family (though you may want to come up with something for kids or anyone else under 21 if you do alcohol).   I've heard of people doing sets of photo coasters and doing one set per couple/family as well.</div>
    DSC_9275
  • I'm assuming that the question was supposed to say 1 per person or 1 per couple?

1 per person is the answer.  Why should a couple have to share their favor while a single guest doesn't?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• for my wedding we are doing honey jars, and instead of giving everyone a jar, im giving one jar per household. I figured it would be a waste for my family to have multiple jars of honey in their fridge rather than just one for the entire household to use. have you thought of what kind of favor you want to give out? if you are just doing candy in a goody box, then maybe it would be better to give out candy to everyone. I guess it all depends on what your giving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards