Favors
Options

Candy Buffet Question

So we are doing a candy buffet as one of our favors and we are having 10 different items. Our wedding is in June of next year and I was wondering when I could start buying some of the candy? Since we are buying so much of it, I wanted to start as early as possible but don't want the items to go bad. How early did you ladies start buying??
We are doing swirl lollipops, rock candy, gummy bears, lemon drops, m&ms, salt water taffy, LifeSaver mints, jelly beans and choc cover pretzels.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Candy Buffet Question

• Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought all of my candy from candywarehouse.com and they said it will have a shelf life of 6 months as long as it remains sealed.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candy lasts a long, long time - even chocolate.  Hard candy - lollipops, rock candy, lemon drops, etc - will last longer than other types.  Six months is the minimum, some of it will last as long as a year.  Stock up after the major candy holidays - Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter - they day after when all the candy is 50% off.  Purchase your candy locally at Target, Costco, etc to save on shipping, which can get expensive,
  • Options
    courtyAcourtyA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! Thanks ladies for the answers!!! I wanted to space out when I buy all the candy so it's easier on the wallet. I think I am going to do the hard candy (like lollipops & the hard candy sticks soon). Thanks again 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    slaughter182slaughter182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest not buying until the week before! Definately go to Costco or another whole seller for the large bulk purchases.  Our DIY Candy Buffet truned out great!
    Married 5.15.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the expiration date. As long as you have a cool, dry place to keep the items so they don't spoil and the expiration date is after your wedding, you should be fine.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought some chocolates that were renamed for valentine and only were available in a few weeks. It's swedish chocolate that's named "Plopp" and we bought bags with small chocolates in them. Usually it says "Plopp" on them, but instead it says "Love", "Happiness", "Kiss" and "Hug" on ours! (But in swedish of course!) I couldn't resist buying them since they are perfect for our wedding. I bought them i february and were getting married in october. I think they expire like the sixteenth or something... Wonderful anyways!
    We started buying the rest of the candy in July and I bought the last two days ago :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards